SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ID. earthquake
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ID. earthquake Login/Join 
Picture of trebor44
posted Hide Post
Idaho is earthquake country! Always has been, only the newbies don't believe it. Fault blocks build mountains. Why do you think Quake Lake exists? It is just over the border in Montana. Funny thing is most of the Dam sites are on, or very, very close to a fault line! We have lots of them (earthquakes), they may not be as big as this last one. But, they are plentiful.

--------------------------------

On the inside looking out, but not to the west, it's the PRK and its minions!

Posts: 624 | Location: Idaho, west of Beaver Dicks Ferry | Registered: August 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trebor44:
Idaho is earthquake country! Always has been, only the newbies don't believe it. Fault blocks build mountains.
Yes, it's the end of the world for those not in the know.

Like mountains dropped out of the sky or something... not! Wink

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
A pretty cool earthquake tracker sight from the USGS. Go to settings and choose how you want to look at the data.

https://earthquake.usgs.gov/ea...22event%22%3Anull%7D

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15559 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
Felt it sitting in my recliner. Looked up and saw the ceiling fan shaking just a tad, knew instantly what it was.

While a bit unsettling (pun?), I can't say I was alarmed. The girlfriend though...she was all up in the innernets about it.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
I missed it!!

I was to be in Boise this week on business.

Figures!

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TRshootem
posted Hide Post
I was outside dealing with some heavy, wet snow...like shovel it while it compacts into dripping ice. The lady of the house asked if I felt the earth wiggle, nope, too busy trying to stand up on the driveway. Helena area had a short little wiggle I'm told. Now back to some more snow...

Posts: 1320 | Location: Montana | Registered: October 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post