SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Found a place to get an almost authentic Enterprise hat
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Found a place to get an almost authentic Enterprise hat Login/Join 
posted
I wanted to get a new hat for a while now that isn’t sports related (only one I can stand to wear is a Cubs hat since I’ve written off the NFL) and came up with a great idea....see if I could find an Enterprise hat since I served on the Big E for 5 years. I still have my Plankowner’s hat for the Reagan but I can’t wear it because I don’t want to ruin it. The Enterprise had a special place in my heart, much more so than the Reagan did anyway.

I found a place that makes the majority of their own stuff right here in the US. There is some stuff that’s imported, but I didn’t even consider any of the imported items. They also do stuff for the other branches as well...check them out if this is your sort of thing.

My hat is pretty damn close to the real deal. I have some of my old hats from when I was in and the only real difference between this one and my old Enterprise hats would have to be the ship silhouette. Materials and overall feel of the hat are pretty similar. I got the lower profile version (6 panel) of the hat.

https://militarybest.com/index.html

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I was on the Big E myself, machinist mate, engine room 4 I think.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! I stood many many hours (all of the ‘96 deployment) as the 4 SWGR operator while underway. When were you there? 1995-2000 myself. I was in EE03/EE04.

Posts: 683 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: July 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
My only involvement with the Big E was at Mare Island when we worked on her 8 reactors.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did that carrier have wooden decking ? Wink ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54502 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4MUL8R
posted Hide Post
Isn’t the hull number NCC-1701?

-------
Trying to simplify my life...

Posts: 5041 | Location: Commonwealth of Virginia | Registered: January 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ranger41
posted Hide Post
Military Best is where I get all my ship hats. Great quality and great to deal with.

"The world is too dangerous to live in-not because of the people who do evil, but because of the people who sit and let it happen." (Albert Einstein)

Posts: 954 | Location: Rural Virginia - USA | Registered: May 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Largefarva:
Nice! I stood many many hours (all of the ‘96 deployment) as the 4 SWGR operator while underway. When were you there? 1995-2000 myself. I was in EE03/EE04.

Close to 20 years before you. 77-79 I think.

Then I became a yardbird at Mare Island working on submarines and became glad I was never on one.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19588 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up. I would love to get a USS Midway and a USS Eisenhower. I did time on both of them in VAW squadrons in the 80’s.

Posts: 507 | Registered: February 14, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Midway museum giftshop has hats you can buy online.
quote:
Originally posted by Karpteach:
Thanks for the heads up. I would love to get a USS Midway and a USS Eisenhower. I did time on both of them in VAW squadrons in the 80’s.

Posts: 143 | Location: San Diego, California | Registered: May 24, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see the site advertises the hats are made in the USA. I hope they sell lots of them!

Posts: 4976 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links. Will see if they have hats for ships I was on.

Posts: 991 | Location: UP of Michigan | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ed32hall
posted Hide Post
I wasn't on the Enterprise, but I was an instructor at the A1W prototype in Idaho. Ed

Sigs - Yes, I would like more German made Sigs

Posts: 2652 | Location: Formerly NW WA, now in SE TN | Registered: March 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Cubs hat?
The Cubs?
Really?
[shakes head]

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8322 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
A Cubs hat?
The Cubs?
Really?
[shakes head]

Yeah and I work in Brewers country and I just got tired of taking crap for wearing it. lol

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Any idea where I might be able to order a Navy hat embroidered with a Regulus missile instead of a ship?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Any idea where I might be able to order a Navy hat embroidered with a Regulus missile instead of a ship?

Sorry, I do not.

Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I see Enterprise everyday coming home from work backed into a slip at Newport News Shipbuilding with its tower being slowly deconstructed. It sits right next to Gerald R Ford. That ship is still impressive and even without all the stuff on its tower, it sits as tall as Gerald R Ford.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Micropterus:
I see Enterprise everyday coming home from work backed into a slip at Newport News Shipbuilding with its tower being slowly deconstructed. It sits right next to Gerald R Ford. That ship is still impressive and even without all the stuff on its tower, it sits as tall as Gerald R Ford.

Yeah I’ve seen some recent drone pics and it actually saddens me to see how rusted it is now. I really wish I had gone to the decommissioning a few years ago to just take one last walk around to see everything one last time. Never thought I would actually get sentimental about that ship.