SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you carry in your get home bag?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you carry in your get home bag? Login/Join 
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted
If you have a get home bag that you carry could you please list the items you carry in your bag? Thank you.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
We had some good discussion, in this thread. It's locked now.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935&m=1450029804

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12328 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
Thank you, I appreciate it. I've been around here long enough to know I should have searched first.

Posts: 1773 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by techguy:
Thank you, I appreciate it. I've been around here long enough to know I should have searched first.

And long enough to know you still may not have found it Wink

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
If you get some time watch that Alan Kay video in the link. It's long, but worth it.

P.S. I think having a tourniquet is important after the past few weeks. I'm going to buy a CAT, but are there some less expensive options to go with it?

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
If you get some time watch that Alan Kay video in the link. It's long, but worth it.

P.S. I think having a tourniquet is important after the past few weeks. I'm going to buy a CAT, but are there some less expensive options to go with it?

Slowly going through the thread. Just finished the video and found it very informative.

E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
Bourbon
Pack of ribbed Trojans
pack of Jolly Ranchers
$66 in $2 dollar bills
A Bed Bath and Beyond Gift card
April 2002 issue of Playboy
2 Slim Jims
A pack of matches

I mean honestly what more do I need. Smile

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7681 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Twinkies, I hear they last forever.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
2 Slim Jims

Is the second one to share with the person who you are using the condoms with? If not I think it's a bit excessive.

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by detroit192:
one forty-five caliber automatic; two boxes of ammunition; four days' concentrated emergency rations; one drug issue containing antibiotics, morphine, vitamin pills, pep pills, sleeping pills, tranquilizer pills; one miniature combination Russian phrase book and Bible; one hundred dollars in rubles; one hundred dollars in gold; nine packs of chewing gum; one issue of prophylactics; three lipsticks; three pair of nylon stockings.

Shoot. A feller could have a pretty good weekend in Vegas with all that stuff.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Pistol on my hip, shoes that are on my feet, and always a hat and jacket.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I have some coins. If the electricity is still up and you're in need, vending machines may help.

Posts: 11839 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
IMO, the most important thing in your get home bag is the gas in your tank. I never let mine go below half.

Posts: 8955 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My "kit" is actually two pieces of leather stitched together on three sides, and folded in half. It contains:
  • a note saying, "if you find TatorTodd, please return to [insert my address]"
  • $80 for cab fair.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23246 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ravens1775
    posted Hide Post
    I carry a Marine. It's better than a Trunk Monkey and works for Mountain Dew and Dip.

Posts: 744 | Location: Virginia | Registered: January 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Washing machine whisperer
    Picture of Appliance Brad
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Ackks:

No, nothing better than a CAT and no cheap alternatives. They are $30 from reliable vendors where you won't get a counterfeit. Don't cheap out on this, it's like using Tula or Wolf as your self defense ammo.

Posts: 11222 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of RichardC
    posted Hide Post
    I'm the only one with Vienna Sausages in the glove compartment?

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Equal Opportunity Mocker
    Picture of slabsides45
    posted Hide Post
    Potted meat, duct tape, and a couple zip ties. Maybe some fried chicken crumbs, depending on whether my fingers can reach that far between the seats.

Oh, and diet Mountain Dew. Definitely.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
    -Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lighten up and laugh
    Picture of Ackks
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    No, nothing better than a CAT and no cheap alternatives. They are $30 from reliable vendors where you won't get a counterfeit. Don't cheap out on this, it's like using Tula or Wolf as your self defense ammo.

Thanks. I didn't know if something like the SWAT-T could serve as an affordable backup following the two is one, one is one rule.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post