SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Electric unicycle!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Electric unicycle! Login/Join 
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted
As I walked back from lunch today, a guy whizzed by me, on the sidewalk, on an electric unicycle. No seat – instead he stood on axle extensions. Neat machine! He was going at least 15 mph. He had a controller in his hand. I’m sure that it was self-balancing, like a Segway. It must be ankle stiffness that supplied counter torque to wheel torque.

I’ve never seen anything like it before. I have no use for one, other than just plain fun. Didn’t appear to have much space for a high capacity battery, but he went by me (from behind) so fast that I didn’t get a good look. Has anyone else seen these?

P. S. – Now I’m wondering if there was a seat, and I just didn’t see it.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8949 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
For starters: https://www.google.com/url?sa=...BoKCmUdesdrTAgt6kowA

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
I'll just wait until we have suspensor belts, and I'll glide around like the Baron Harkonnen.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Hah! Modern reality, straight from the comic strip about the prehistoric age fondly known as "BC".

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
My co-worker has one.

I call him Peter from BC.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34115 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post