SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can someone look at these pictures and estimate how much it would cost to repair?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone look at these pictures and estimate how much it would cost to repair? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
No, it's impossible to say from the pictures. The vehicle really needs to be looked at in person and you have to look behind the bumper and see what is or isn't broken or bent.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
orareyougladtoseeme
Picture of isthatasiginyourpocket
posted Hide Post
I had similar damage to the front corner of my old Outback and I was shocked it cost a little over $2500 to repair.

Posts: 2547 | Location: MN | Registered: March 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by entropy:
Amount for repair?

I'd say a nice pistol or rifle, or maybe that nice optic you've been looking at... Big Grin

Thats how it worked for me a few years back. Wife backed into a fire hydrant. It cost her a P220.

I like the way you think! Big Grin

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4923 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
May sound like a stupid question...but have you tried just popping that section back in?

That area is mostly just snap clips, it may require some massaging and a couple of stiff whacks with the heel of your hand, but if the clips aren't broken it may go back in place for the low price of Free.99.
If you are at all mechanically inclined, I second trying this.

If you take it to a body shop, expect them to say it needs new parts and some repainting to the tune of $2,000.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2057 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Mech
posted Hide Post
I've also seen people heat up the plastic bumper parts with a hairdryer to make it a tad bit softer and more malleable. I agree with perhaps trying to see if you can massage the bumper back into shape and/or getting a few of those trim clips from your local dealership in case any of them have been broken from the bump.

Posts: 1160 | Location: SW Washington, Support Sporting Systems! | Registered: March 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
At the high end body shop across the street, Vinnie would stuff another cannoli into his mouth, wipe the powdered crumbs onto his shirt, and waddle out to your car. He'd lean into the valence while pulling up, pop it back, and say, "That's free. If you want it better, it'll be a few hundred bucks. If it has to be perfect, well ... maybe $800."

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jcat:
May sound like a stupid question...but have you tried just popping that section back in?

That area is mostly just snap clips, it may require some massaging and a couple of stiff whacks with the heel of your hand, but if the clips aren't broken it may go back in place for the low price of Free.99.

yup. My first thought 100

My second thought was wash your car and take better photos if you want a more accurate opinion.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post