SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Can someone look at these pictures and estimate how much it would cost to repair?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Can someone look at these pictures and estimate how much it would cost to repair? Login/Join 
Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted
My wife backed into another car last night, and damaged our 2016 Mazda CX5.

I'm trying to get a ballpark estimate on the amount to repair this damage, so I can figure out if it's worth it to get insurance involved or pay it ourselves.

Does anyone here have any experience with this?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 4x5,

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4930 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
1200-1500 bucks or there about

Posts: 663 | Registered: August 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
All I see is a big MINUS sign. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You need more gibberish™ in your second pitchur link thingy.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43876 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
All I see is two x's.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
To do it correctly, probably a couple grand. Hard to tell from the photos though. Looks like there's a decent gap between the wheelwell and the quarterpanel. Can't tell if that's malformed plastic, or if the trailing edge of the quarterpanel was damaged.

You're aware that body shops give free estimates, right?

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
$500-2000

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing my best to shape
America's youth
Picture of MooneyP226
posted Hide Post
All I can see is the big "-" sign...

So my guess is more than a rubber band but less than a space shuttle.

In my experience, it's usually literally twice as much as you think it is due to the new method of
Replacing all the things instead of repairing them due to labor costs.

Clarior Hinc Honos

BSA Dad, Cheer Dad

Posts: 1624 | Location: on the 42nd parallel  | Registered: November 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
If a bodyshop tells you it is a $1500 repair, that is retail. Insurance companies pay, I think, 40% less to bodyshops for the identical work.

So the insurance company would pay you the $900 less deductible ($500?), to get the job done, and your rate may, or may not, go up.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pepsiblue
posted Hide Post
Some deadbeat backed into the front of my 2010 Civic 2 weeks ago. Of course they drove off! I need a drivers side fender, hood, bumper cover, and a headlight. Insurance adjuster says $2603 to fix it, minus $500 deductible.

10mm lays waste to entire cities, cuts through diamonds and will tear Superman a new asshole. - Parabellum

Sex offenders can not be rehabilitated. It's in their wiring. They should not be released back into the general public. On the other hand they should not be warehoused either. I think they should be executed.....Spectre

When someone tries to kill you, it doesn't matter how they are doing it. You're in mortal danger, and it's time to try to kill them back.

Arc.
___

Kill every last one of these goddamned animals. We need a president with balls. We need leadership. We should be carpet bombing these barbarians wherever we find them, and we should be looking for them 24/7. We have to unleash Hell upon them. They understand nothing but death, so death is what we should bring them, wholesale.... Para

I left "practical" behind many years ago. It was covered with my first Glock 19. (Fredward)

Posts: 2495 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: July 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Are the two pictures (which don't show) of your car? How about the damage to the other car? If you're asking about the cost of the damages to both cars you should expect it to be a lot more.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
NINJAS!!

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjp:
1200-1500 bucks or there about

This, if there is no structural damage underneath. You won't know that answer until you pull the bumper. Does that vehicle. or have a backup camera?

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12626 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
Our daughter backed into our 2015 CX-5 a month ago at the same spot you show. That plastic bumper and corner area is all one big piece...price to replace it and paint to match, remove the brake light to install, replace the lower light, and so on ran us a little over $900. We had no hidden damage, it was all cosmetic. We paid out of pocket. Got it done a couple weeks ago, and it looks perfect.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
$854

Posts: 7354 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
According to MY wife's previous expert opinions immediately following her accidents, only about 75 bucks. So, probably 2 to 3 thousand.

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Six hunnit fiddy dollars.

Posts: 27944 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
It's hard to tell from pictures that small. Is the quarterpanel damaged too? Or is the trim just popped out?

Posts: 6348 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jcat
posted Hide Post
May sound like a stupid question...but have you tried just popping that section back in?

That area is mostly just snap clips, it may require some massaging and a couple of stiff whacks with the heel of your hand, but if the clips aren't broken it may go back in place for the low price of Free.99.

Posts: 9958 | Location: RI | Registered: October 08, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
Amount for repair?

I'd say a nice pistol or rifle, or maybe that nice optic you've been looking at... Big Grin

Thats how it worked for me a few years back. Wife backed into a fire hydrant. It cost her a P220.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post