SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI poll.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI poll. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
I know of three CPD Officers that went to the FBI and then came back. Were not happy at all while there. I know another that stuck it out, put in his time and retired. He is far more proud of his time in the CPD than he is of his time in the FBI.

RIP Det. Joe Airhart...
Those chicken-shit cowards ran out like little bitches and left our man behind, wouned and bleeding.

One friend left the fbi after 2ish years for greener pastures.
Another friend left CPD to persue his "dream job" with the fbi, he now says it's his nightmare. His only consolation is that he's back in Englwood chasing real bad guys.

I have some serious problems with an agency who's infamous boss was a dress wearing, closeted fag. But that's my opinion...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
The FBI has failed, along with.......USMS....

I'm curious how the Marshal's Service failed. We work with a lot of federal agencies, but we probably work with the Marshal's the most. We have officers assigned to their task force. Not a week goes by that I don't see some of the local DUSM assigned to my area.

Really curious to hear your evidence of how the Marshal's service has failed. (minus the Ruby Ridge fall back that everyone likes to blame the USMS for)

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37081 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We called them Fan Belt Inspectors. They showed up to take the report after we rolled in to what was and probably still is the bank robbery capital of the US. It appeared to be the worst job you could have in FBI if appearances of their Agents were any clue..

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
I'll update my response based on some of the comments from those who have worked with the FBI and have positive stories.

I'm sure there are good people in any organization. The problem is that as the guy in the street, and a lawyer, I can't tell who the good ones are. Thus, I trust none of them.

When I look at the command level of the federal government; any agency, just pick one to include the armed forces, I see a highly political, highly partisan, unaccountable group that pretty much does as they damned well please. Because they are not held accountable for obvious public screw ups, because they are promoted, retired, resign out into better paying jobs with the politically connected organizations they are associated with and otherwise use the "swamp" to avoid consequences, there is no real punishment and therefore no change in institutional conduct.

I don't see a way to fix it, other than to gut it and completely reorganize the reporting structure, oversight mechanisms, promotion system, and accountability mechanisms.

When the FBI focused on counterintelligence and interstate crime (mafia, etc.) they seemed to be pretty effective. Now that they seem to be primarily interested in witch hunts and political power, they have completely lost their way.

For those of you who have had positive FBI interactions and who think that the agency can be saved, what is the solution? How do you fix something that the leadership cadre doesn't seem to want to fix?

Do we convene an FBI equivalent of the Church Committee hearings?

One worry I have had more and more is that they are spread way too thin. Every time there is any kind of a decent crime, it seems the FBI gets involved. Maybe not a stop and rob stick up, but just about everything else. Look at the news coverage line ups with the locals politicians and officials, Mayor, P. Chief, F. Chief, elected big shots, you find the local SAIC as one of the “partners.”

They used to cover bank robberies, godless communists and the mob, and run the crime lab. Now it seems they are into everything.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Listen, I don't want you to take this the wrong way, but Fuck You, OK?

Far be it from me to take it the wrong way. I'm just thankful for such mature and intelligent conversation. That's the backbone of the whole movement.

Posts: 6650 | Registered: September 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Sorry, no sale. You wade in here among the faithful and start insulting the man who kept Hillary Clinton out of the White House, and then you're offended at the reaction? You're not fooling anyone. You know where you are, you know what you're saying, and you know the reaction you'll get.

So, play games with someone else, and once again, fuck you. Don't like it? Let me know if you need help finding the door.

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sns3guppy:
quote:

Far be it from me to take it the wrong way. I'm just thankful for such mature and intelligent conversation. That's the backbone of the whole movement.

quote:
Too late. The swamp monster you elected is the one that needs being drained the most.

So you call this mature and intelligent? Surely you can't be serious with that BS you are pedaling. Seems the swamp monster you didn't get elected has some serious problems with her life, her husband and everything she touches. But hey, she's got a really nice foundation you can be proud of.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3785 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2012BOSS302:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Too late. The swamp monster you elected is the one that needs being drained the most.

So you call this mature and intelligent? Surely you can't be serious with that BS you are pedaling. Seems the swamp monster you didn't get elected has some serious problems with her life, her husband and everything she touches. But hey, she's got a really nice foundation you can be proud of.

FWIW: Wasn't it the FBI crime lab that conducted the DNA tests which verified it was PRESIDENT CLINTON'S semen on the blue dress worn by Monica Lewinsky? While I certainly don't have a lot of faith in their current management, someone was doing their job back then at least.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
sns3guppy...I do not agree with your definition of "swamp monster"...there is not a day that I do not think about the bullet we dodged by having Donald Trump win the election over Shrewella DeHill...under her, I can imagine the FBI so corrupted as to be a Gestapo operation...at least with our current President, they have a chance to be something close to what they once were (back when Efrem Zimbalist Jr. ran things).

Edit...I hope you know I'm being kind in my response.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The only movement you and your ilk are capable of as a bowel movement. You and yours have successfully fucked up everything you've touched, you're going to fuck this up too, and still expect the rest of us adults to wipe your ass after you shit yourself.

The best advice:
Go...
Just leave...
Quietly and quickly

I don't think you have tough enough skin to take the tongue lashing you're looking for here.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8321 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I have many friends who work for the FBI and I have conducted many joint investigations with the FBI. They are one of the most bureaucratic agencies I have EVER dealt with. On several investigations I had to do the work myself as they told me it would take six months for them to get an answer to if they could even do the investigative techniques I wanted to do such as hidden cameras.

Plus the fact the FBI will only take cases over $1M even if it falls in their jurisdiction is absurd. I have prosecuted a few cases with them, but it has been a few because of the threshold they have, but that may also be the US District Attorney driving the dollar amount. Either way,the FBI is flawed.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:

DO YOU WANT THE SWAMP DRAINED OR NOT?

Um, the swamp monster you speak of has fulfilled more campaign promises than any other President I have seen. Those campaign promises got him elected. I may not like everything he says, but the man follows up on his word which got him elected and he speaks the truth. I have complete respect for him.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Don't end it, but it is in serious need of mending.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Law Enforcement of any type should never be an arm of a political party, especially at any .gov level.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
There's another choice....

I have zero faith in the leadership of the FBI and it's political appointments

This. The top tiers of that agency need to be cleaned out along with the justice department.

Posts: 1198 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Witticism pending...
Picture of KBobAries
posted Hide Post
While the FBI is quite famous and no doubt has many dedicated and talented people in the organization, was it ever truly the premier agency? How much is propaganda courtesy of films and Efrem Zimbalist Jr.? Look at the shenanigans under Hoover who was in charge for 40+ years. Seems more than likely that certain manners of behavior and thinking would become institutionalized, at least if one wished to rise to the highest levels of the organization.

Dan

I'm not as illiterate as my typos would suggest.

Posts: 3529 | Location: Big city, SW state, alleged republic | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
For those of you who have had positive FBI interactions and who think that the agency can be saved, what is the solution?

Fire a couple of select guys/gals that have less than six (6) months to retire.

It sends a message to all.

Lather, rinse, repeat.

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I know two FBI agents - no idea what they're doing now, but both were really stand up guys

I am sure that if you want to progress or advance within the ranks, at some point in time you will be required to abandon your ethics and morality because there doesn't appear to be any hint of those in the top levels of management

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
While there are, no doubt, some good and honest people in the FBI, as an entity it is completely corrupt. I respect and trust the FBI less than the IRS.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Kurt Schlicter’s latest column about the FBI (he ain’t kinda too happy about them).

https://townhall.com/columnist...-a-disgrace-n2419165

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2692 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post