SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI poll.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

FBI poll. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't care. I am telling you the truth. Diagnose it all you like. It changes nothing.

Posts: 107487 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When discussing an organization, it does not matter if 99% of the employees are good...if the 1% at the top is corrupt. Leadership drives the organizational culture, sets priorities, and makes the final decisions.

So, with organizational leadership, there is no logical fallacy in deciding the specific few being bad can be generalized to the whole organization...if the few are the ones in charge.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow the "memo" gets released. Hints are that we will all be thinking less of the FBI when we read it. I think I mostly know what it will say, and can't imagine that my opinion of them will go much lower. Not much room down there for it to drop more. Yet I know there are plenty of good folks in the agency, super qualified and honorable. But interfering with elections - making that assumption - is a 3rd world shithole move that is literally Treason. I just don't understand how they don't face prosecution for it.

Apropos nothing, while back at the 100 yard rifle range there were 2 young FBI agents shooting rifles. (People are looking younger and younger to me). They were amazing shots. I shot expert in the army and also target shot so I've seen a lot of solid shooters. These guys, seemed like good dudes, and they were certainly great shots: getting multiple cloverleaf groups, and only multiple cloverleaf groups. Later I was left wondering if one of them was the one who shot at Finicum and then lied about it. Why would you lie about that?

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
If we find solid evidence in the memos or other discoveries that there was collusion to subvert the election or some other treasonous behavior, there had better be heads rolling. If they are tolerated or otherwise allowed to ease out of legal consequence and the rank and file do not revolt, I will know their principles have been corrupted and can never again be trusted. I already suspect many have allegiance to a paycheck rather than the constitution and their oath to it.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
^^^^
Thats the real issue, will there be real consequences. If people get a slap on the wrist, or are allowed to retire, this whole thing will repeat itself once democrats are back in power. I mean why not? Nothing happens if you are found out. Look at the IRS scandal. Nothing happened there. You can bet your ass the dems will be weaponizing that institution again soon as they can.

This scandal is huge, and it requires huge consequences to be levied against those responsible. If not it will be the new normal.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
I suspect when this is over Congress will put more teeth in Intelligence Oversight

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arlen:
The FBI has been a tool of the head of the bureau since the 1950s. Hoover was power hungry and had the scoop on all leaders of our government.

The FBI is STILL a tool. That makes the department a very dangerous agency. It will never change. It has become our KGB.

Given the massive advances in the capabilities of electronic surveillance - sadly I see this as being true. Not mere hyperbole.

We used to say : take off your 'tin-foil'. That is reality.

Remember the late 90s movie : 'Enemy of the State' ? I watched that 20 years and was 'No Way!'.

Nowadays much of that is 'Yes Way!'.

All it takes is a few 'bad actors' in the organization and the rot begins.

And those who say the 'rank and file' are good people - you have the hostage getting killed recently by the FBI hostage-'rescue' team in Texas. Not an endorsement of professionalism by any benchmark.

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
Tomorrow the "memo" gets released. Hints are that we will all be thinking less of the FBI when we read it.

Impossible to think less of the FBI than I do now.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
:^)
Picture of BillyBonesNY
posted Hide Post
How could anyone have ever had faith in the FBI?

An organization, who's director was feared by every representative for over 50years is absurd.

J Edgar Hoover left this legacy, it should have been disbanded and re-organized after he died... cause no-one had the balls to go up against him.

Instant political suicide.

----------------------------------------
http://lonesurvivorfoundation.org

Posts: 7179 | Registered: March 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It was a lot easier when the adversary were generally regarded as such by unanimous consent, the communists, the mob, kidnappers, bank robbers. Those groups have few lobbyists and fewer supporters in Congress. Everybody could work on enforcing the laws without to much intenal push back, except the odd guy who turned for what he thought was career enhancement, like the guys handling Whitey Bulger.

Turning them into the dirty tricks arm of a political campaign was very creative, very Clintonian indeed.

What we really needed was undercover agents infiltrating the God Damned Commies, like the good old days.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Peter Schweitzers new book is out concerning the extensive corruption in the FBI. https://www.americanthinker.co..._at_fbi_and_doj.html

Here's the first and last paragraphs of John Dale Dunns review:
quote:
The FBI and the DOJ have gone to the Dark Side. Amazing, considering their longstanding promotion of their status and posture for decades as the defenders of freedom and the American way – but times change, and the deep Deep State has no special affection for the America conceived of and promoted by the founders.

Read it. I was outraged and enraged and then some to read about the nature of the FBI and the DOJ. Shame on them. And I don't excuse the field agents and those who claim innocence. They know what the problems are. They are bureaucrats, and as bureaucrats, their first priority is protecting themselves and their pensions.

Posts: 1920 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CPD SIG:
I have some serious problems with an agency who's infamous boss was a dress wearing, closeted fag. But that's my opinion...

When you put that way I think I'm coming around to your point of viewBig GrinBig GrinBig Grin Well said.

Posts: 7546 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 9mmnut
posted Hide Post
I don't trust them now and never will. If somehow they got rid of the bad apples more would fall from the tree later on. I would never talk to them without Jallen present.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Southern ,Mi. | Registered: October 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
three lawyers and 4 tape recorders (and video just to make them squirm)

I've not seen anything in the last year to change my mind on the truthfulness or desire to ever be a real alw enforcement agency again - I rank them below the ATF and tax stamp thugs

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53165 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post