SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI poll.
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: Chris Orndorff, LDD
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
FBI poll. Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted
I used to think VERy highly of the FBI. In my mind they were the premiere law enforcement and investigative agency out there. Over the past few years I have seen my respect and trust in the agency erode completely. I have zero faith in the FBI to handle a high profile case with honesty and integrity. I don't even trust them that much with low profile cases and I'm not sure if I ever will.

Question:
With regards to the FBI which statement below best describes your opinion of the agency.

Choices:
the FBI is the premiere law enforcement/ investigative agency
FBI has some problems but they will get sorted out
I have completely lost faith and trust in the FBI
The agency should be disbanded and elements rolled into a new agency or other agencies

 
 
Posts: 15010 | Location: Winston Salem NC or VA Beach | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
There's another choice....

I have zero faith in the leadership of the FBI and it's political appointments


---------------------------------
- "This town reminds me of something in the bible."
- "Which part?"
- "The part right before god gets angry"
 
Posts: 7313 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
There's another choice....

I have zero faith in the leadership of the FBI and it's political appointments


THIS 100%

Much like many Police Departments the upper echelon is the problem the rank and file are solid folks!!


--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
 
Posts: 18253 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Lawyers and accountants with guns.

What could go wrong?
 
Posts: 622 | Registered: June 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
I voted that I have completely lost faith in the FBI but if I could also vote to disband them I would.



We may consent to be governed, but we will not be ruled. - Kevin D. Williamson, 2012
 
Posts: 8549 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Disband. No faith or confidence. Give their budget to the state and local guys. The good agents will easily find jobs there.
 
Posts: 7183 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The agency should be disbanded and elements rolled into a new agency or other agencies


Funnily enough, there was more than a couple members here just a few years ago, at the height of the "Obama's creating a private army of federal LEOs to shut down the lead smelters, confiscate our guns, and put us all in FEMA concentration camps" hysteria, who were repeatedly pounding the drum of:

"There's no need to have multiple federal LE agencies... They should just disband them and roll all their duties into the FBI."

And yet here we are just a couple years later, with the complete opposite sentiment. Big Grin
 
Posts: 19254 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
The FBI has failed, along with ACID, BATFE, BLM, CBP, CIA, DEA, DIA, DOA, DOEd, DOEn, DOI, DOL, FWS, ICE, IRS, NCIS, NSA, OSHA, USEPA, USFS, USPP, USMS, USSS, and EIEIOmyfrickin'God the list is too damned long.

Every intelligence agency and every federal law enforcement agency (not to mention the other parts of the Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches) failed in some way regarding their duty to unequivocally defend the Constitution, and to support the duly elected and sworn Chief Executive of the United States, President Donald Trump.

And they are unchallenged in their appalling misbehavior and face no consequences for it either.

I took fire earlier today for saying President Trump needed to fire every political appointee not appointed by him, every member of the Senior Executive Service, every political appointee from Bush (41), Clinton, Bush (43), and above all Obama who "burrowed into the GS ranks" (changed from a Schedule C appointee to a permanent GS position) and every flag officer in the military, in order to hand the reins of power to the permanent civil service employees and those untainted military personnel and their civilian counterparts in DoD. At the very least I fairly certain we'd see the end of the Obama Administration's influence in the fed.gov.

In response, I was compared to Stalin.

My response to my critics here is simple and straightforward:

DO YOU WANT THE SWAMP DRAINED OR NOT?

That would be swamp draining. Serious swamp draining. No one in the fed.gov would ever forget it.

If you want anything else, it's NIMBY thinking (i.e., shit can those guys but protect my own buddies) that perpetuates the problem we face today.



Nice is overrated

And people wonder why I carry a SIG P320

Death to Terrorists
 
Posts: 26252 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of arlen
posted Hide Post
The FBI has been a tool of the head of the bureau since the 1950s. Hoover was power hungry and had the scoop on all leaders of our government.

The FBI is STILL a tool. That makes the department a very dangerous agency. It will never change. It has become our KGB.


Regards,
arlen

======================
Some days, it's just not worth the effort of chewing through the leather straps.
======================
 
Posts: 268 | Location: Colorado | Registered: August 13, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Angry is the word for these recent revelations about the FBI, the Muller investigation, the Obama Justice Department. About the only news/opinion show I watch anymore is Tucker Carlson. He has just blown me away with the reports the last couple days about this Deputy Director (whose name I can’t spell) and his partisanship. Unbelievable


_______________________________
There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your former self.
- Earnest Hemingway
 
Posts: 6476 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
This is a no brainer.


Q


 
Posts: 13773 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Another vote of no faith in the leadership.
 
Posts: 20795 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of nighthawk
posted Hide Post
I trust no government agency, or personal at all.The magic kenyan has managed to politicize every agency, given them tools to spy on the citizens at will with no repercussions. When agency's screw up, and make mistakes, no one is held accountable or fired for their actions, they are just moved around and hidden till whatever blows over.


"Hold my beer.....Watch this".
 
Posts: 5425 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
My sister, my brother in law and a very close friend all worked for the FBI back in the sixties. All three confirm it was just a chickenshit outfit to work for.



"If you think everything's going to be alright, you don't understand the problem!"- Gutpile Charlie
"A man's got to know his limitations" - Harry Callahan

 
Posts: 9051 | Location: Indian Territory, USA | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
There's another choice....

I have zero faith in the leadership of the FBI and it's political appointments


THIS 100%

Much like many Police Departments the upper echelon is the problem the rank and file are solid folks!!


Yep
 
Posts: 5269 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gutpile Charlie:
My sister, my brother in law and a very close friend all worked for the FBI back in the sixties. All three confirm it was just a chickenshit outfit to work for.


50 year old information?
 
Posts: 5269 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Proud member of
the vanning collective
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Disband. No faith or confidence. Give their budget to the state and local guys. The good agents will easily find jobs there.


Very unlikely you would see many if any go to local LEO. The pay cut would substantial. They'd be better off on the private sector.


--------------------------------------
Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.
Soren Kierkegaard
 
Posts: 18253 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I know of three CPD Officers that went to the FBI and then came back. Were not happy at all while there. I know another that stuck it out, put in his time and retired. He is far more proud of his time in the CPD than he is of his time in the FBI.
 
Posts: 4395 | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of urbanwarrior238
posted Hide Post
I have handled several high profile cases. On some of them, the local FBI would call me up after seeing news clips of the case and offer assistance which I always took. They always came thru for me.

I think what we are experiencing is a management issue that will hopefully all work out.

They are a great law enforcement resource and have a lot to offer.


'I am the danger'...Hiesenberg
NRA Life Member
 
Posts: 646 | Location: Sunny SoCal | Registered: March 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig2340:
The FBI has failed, along with ACID, BATFE, BLM, CBP, CIA, DEA, DIA, DOA, DOEd, DOEn, DOI, DOL, FWS, ICE, IRS, NCIS, NSA, OSHA, USEPA, USFS, USPP, USMS, USSS, and EIEIOmyfrickin'God the list is too damned long.

Every intelligence agency and every federal law enforcement agency (not to mention the other parts of the Executive, Judicial, and Legislative branches) failed in some way regarding their duty to unequivocally defend the Constitution, and to support the duly elected and sworn Chief Executive of the United States, President Donald Trump.

And they are unchallenged in their appalling misbehavior and face no consequences for it either.

I took fire earlier today for saying President Trump needed to fire every political appointee not appointed by him, every member of the Senior Executive Service, every political appointee from Bush (41), Clinton, Bush (43), and above all Obama who "burrowed into the GS ranks" (changed from a Schedule C appointee to a permanent GS position) and every flag officer in the military, in order to hand the reins of power to the permanent civil service employees and those untainted military personnel and their civilian counterparts in DoD. At the very least I fairly certain we'd see the end of the Obama Administration's influence in the fed.gov.

In response, I was compared to Stalin.

My response to my critics here is simple and straightforward:

DO YOU WANT THE SWAMP DRAINED OR NOT?

That would be swamp draining. Serious swamp draining. No one in the fed.gov would ever forget it.

If you want anything else, it's NIMBY thinking (i.e., shit can those guys but protect my own buddies) that perpetuates the problem we face today.



I’m with you on this. Drain the swamp with a vengeance.
 
Posts: 3046 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    FBI poll.

© SIGforum 2017