SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Proposal to name Phoenix airport terminal after McCain
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Proposal to name Phoenix airport terminal after McCain Login/Join 
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted
So much is wrong with this. First, a democrat mayor proposes to name the renovated terminal after McCain. Second, why would anyone want to name anything air related after McCain.

http://www.12news.com/news/loc...ohn-mccain/492417254

Sky Harbor's Terminal 3 could be named after Sen. John McCain

The Phoenix City Council is expected to vote on a new proposal to name Sky Harbor's terminal 3 after Senator John McCain.

12 News , KPNX 3:03 PM. MST November 16, 2017

PHOENIX - Phoenix Mayor Greg Stanton is proposing the city name Sky Harbor's newly-renovated Terminal 3 after Sen. John McCain.

“Senator McCain has given so much of himself to our country, to Arizona and to Phoenix. Giving something back to an American hero, a former naval aviator, and a 30-year member of the U.S. Senate is the least we can do,” Stanton said in a release.

According to a release, Terminal 3 is in the middle of a $590 million "modernization." The "long-outdated" terminal is expected to have a new south concourse, 15 new gates and a remodeled north concourse by 2020. And when it's completed, possibly a new name too.

The airport's Terminal 4 is named after Barry Goldwater.

Stanton's proposal is pending a full city council vote and approval from Sen. McCain's office.

The vote is expected to take place on Nov. 29.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11764 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
new terminal named RINO or HasBeen ?

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Can't they name a terminal 3 restroom after him instead? Preferably the restroom closest to McDonald's to facilitate the McStain jokes.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23242 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
How about name it after him if he’ll resign?

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
He isn't fit to have a portable toilet named after him.

Posts: 26899 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
McCain International Airport: Flighty As Fuck

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SBrooks:
new terminal named RINO or HasBeen ?

Sure. Name it "Grumpy Left leaning RINO McCain".

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
He isn't fit to have a portable toilet named after him.

yeah, that would put the shitter in a bad light

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53175 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
I do like the words 'terminal' and 'McCain' together. . .

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:

Smile

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:

I like it. Terminal, McCain.....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29692 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Is there an imminent Departure with no delays?

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I don't think anything should be named after a person until after they are dead. Read that any way you like.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Is there an imminent Departure with no delays?

No, its an airline that says it is going somewhere, then when it comes time it refuses to go anywhere, and blames someone else.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Song Bird International?

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8347 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Might there be perpetual delays due to obstructing the process?

Posts: 2771 | Location: Northern California | Registered: December 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
What is so wrong by naming the airport after him. ?? I am no fan but he was a big deal in AZ.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
I will point that your state elected him to the Senate SIX times. Someone out there must like him.

quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
So much is wrong with this. First, a democrat mayor proposes to name the renovated terminal after McCain. Second, why would anyone want to name anything air related after McCain.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Author,
cowboy,
friend to all
posted Hide Post
How about putting a little more history in the name, "McCain - Fonda" complex?

Posts: 2401 | Location: Riverton Wyoming | Registered: June 05, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BBMW:
I will point that your state elected him to the Senate SIX times. Someone out there must like him.

When our choice is McCain or an even more left leaning GDC, it isn't much of a choice. I remember thinking when I voted in the primary that the people I was voting against would be the people I would be voting for in November.

Back to the original, I'm reminded when I was the project manager for the expansion of Will Rogers World Airport in Oklahoma City. No one from Oklahoma found the humor when I asked during a meeting if it wasn't a little ironic naming an airport after a man who died in an airplane crash.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11764 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post