SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Clinton Campaign / DNC funded Fusion GPS dossier!
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Clinton Campaign / DNC funded Fusion GPS dossier! Login/Join 
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
quote:
one of the most skilled professionals in Democratic politics

....dang, did anyone else catch a strong whiff of sulphur and rotting carp when that phrase floated in on the tide?

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9854 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
saw an article that noted Harry Reid tried to get Comey to release the "dossier" just before the Nov 2016 election.

"I wrote to you months ago calling for this information to be released ..."

Clinton campaign hired Fusion in April 2016. Steele's first report came out in June 2016.

Clinton paid for Russian officials to create dirt on Donald Trump, no news media would report it, they got the info to Comey, so Reid tried to get Comey to release it for an October surprise.

Clinton didn't know about the dossier she paid for. (BS)

Podesta and DWS didn't know about the dossier they paid funds for, no DEMS knew about the dossier before the election. (more BS)

Except Harry Reid, Comey, and "top officials in the national security community".

The DEMs tried to make this look like an "intel" discovery when it was always Russians feeding fabrications back thru Clinton funded "opposition research"

What an election.

Posts: 19572 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
It isn’t clear that the “dossier” is what Reid is referring to.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Well, Reid did not say in the letter, "you know, the Steele dossier that Fusion bought for Hillary Clinton" Smile

https://www.wsj.com/articles/t...mod=djcm_OBV1_092216

Journalists who investigated the Trump dossier now say their Democratic sources lied to them.

The revelations provide new context for Harry Reid’s “October surprise,” his attempt 10 days before Election Day to lever the dossier’s allegations into the press with a public letter to then-FBI Director James Comey accusing him of withholding “explosive information.”

Mr. Reid knows how the responsible press works. Implausible, scurrilous and unsupported allegations are not reportable, but a government official making public reference to such allegations is reportable.

Mr. Reid, though, failed to mention his party’s role in concocting the allegations, much less that the manner of its doing so left him no reason to suppose the charges were anything but tall tales spun by Russian intelligence officials in response to danglings of Democratic money.

This is a completely novel tactic in U.S. politics, applying to a hostile foreign power for lurid stories about a domestic opponent. Mr. Reid, please tell us more about your role.

Let’s also hear from Adam Schiff, top Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee.

He claimed on TV to have “circumstantial” and “more than circumstantial” evidence of Trump collusion with Russia. In the event, what he delivered in a committee hearing was a litany of routine, innocuous business and diplomatic contacts between Trump associates and Russian citizens, interspersed with claims from the Trump dossier.

He failed to mention, though, that the Trump dossier was manufactured by Democrats paying a D.C. law firm to pay a D.C. “research” firm to pay a retired British spook to pay unknown, unidentified Russians to tell stories about Mr. Trump, in reckless disregard for whether the stories were true.

so one could just go with, it "provides new context"

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Wish Hunter S Thompson was around to comment on the current issues - he'd start with "when the going gets weird, the weird turn pro..." It is certainly looking like a wide net was cast to try to incriminate Trump. Sure would be nice to see this blow up in the D's face like an Acme road-runner trap.

Papadopoulos Is Connected to Fusion Dossier: Was in Contact with Sergie Millian, the Steele Source for the Dossier

October 31, 2017 by Jim Hoft

Former Trump Campaign volunteer George Papadopoulos was arrested for making false statements to FBI agents.

Papadopoulos was a volunteer whose repeated attempts to set up meetings between Trump’s camp and Russians were repeatedly rejected.

Papadopoulos was reportedly wired by Robert Mueller to spy on Trump campaign officials after his arrest in July.

Now this…

George Papadopoulos was in contact with Sergei Millian, who was the Steele “source” for the anti-Trump dossier.

1. 10 – 11 April – George Papalopoulos (GP) emails the Russian female contact trying to set up a ‘foreign policy trip’ , which she agrees to eagerly.

2. 26 April – GP meets Russian woman who tells him they can arrange a Putin-Trump meeting & have ‘dirt’ on HRC -/…

3. The Russians have another go. On June 9, the Trump Jr sting. A Russian woman promises dirt on HRC, but never delivers. Sound familiar?

4. And here’s an interesting fact. GP had another contact he never disclosed,- Sergei Millian.

And from an anti-Trump tweeter (Louise Mensch) who connects the two on 15 Aug 2017, but doesn’t quite get the significance: George Papadopoulos, who repeatedly tried to set up a Putin-Trump meeting per @WashPost, is tied to Sergei Millian… YES. Millian of Steele Dossier fame, see Sergei Millian.

Sergei Millian is one of 240 GP’s Facebook friends.

Millian told several people that during the campaign and presidential transition he was in touch with George Papadopoulos, a campaign foreign policy adviser, according to a person familiar with the matter. Millian is among Papadopoulos’s nearly 240 Facebook friends.

M. “Mueller” Weiss ✔@michaeldweiss

Papadapoulos was told Russia had breached Clinton correspondence by Moscow-connected academic. P's chum Millian was a Steele source.

1:50 PM - Oct 30, 2017

Andrew S. Weiss @andrewsweiss

1/ I'd forgotten this: George Papadopoulos, who repeatedly tried to set up a Putin-Trump meeting per @WashPost, is tied to Sergei Millian...

7:22 AM - Aug 15, 2017

In January 2017 ABC News identified Sergei Milian as the key source of the Fusian GPS anti-Trump Dossier.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...eele-source-dossier/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Hillary's story is, uh, evolving Roll Eyes

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics...te/story?id=50879784

So her story has gone from didn't know nothing about it to her lawyers told her it was hunky dory to do...All in the space of a week! Can't wait to see how it continues to evolve.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
well, Clinton explains “I think most serious people understand that,”

it is particularly interesting now that Donna Brazile says:

"I’d had my suspicions from the moment I walked in the door of the DNC a month or so earlier, based on the leaked emails . "

If you have a cooperative interviewer, you can say anything, no matter how wrong or inconsistent w what you said earlier

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.reuters.com/articl...closes-idUSKBN1D15XH

Fusion GPS says law firm Perkins Coie gave them $ 1.02 million

Then Fusion gave Christopher Steele $168,000

168k for a fabricated pile of crap report. That Comey and the Obama "intel" crowd then made into a mammoth pile of wasted U.S. resources that continues to today.

Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/radio...ok&utm_medium=social

Rep. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) spoke with Breitbart News Daily SiriusXM host Alex Marlow on Thursday regarding a proposed Mueller amendment to limit the special counsel investigation to between March 2015 and the present, and also tax reform in the House.
“We know now without a shadow of a doubt that the Democratic Party, Hillary Clinton, paid Fusion GPS and Steele to acquire this dossier, which required colluding with Russian operatives and Russian nationals. So, they produced this dossier and I believe, yesterday I called for the FBI, the Justice Department to declassify all the FISA applications involving Trump associates because what I think happened is, I think they used the information from this dossier to be able to get surveillance on Trump and his associates.”

“And then the fruits of that,” he continued, “formed the basis of what had been leaked to the press over the first three or four months of Trump’s White House.”

DeSantis also discussed the Uranium One scandal and the pending tax reform bill in detail. The full audio is available below.

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3446 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://dailycaller.com/2017/11...e-over-bank-records/

Fusion GPS and the House Intelligence Committee renewed their legal battle on Friday over subpoenas for the Trump dossier firm’s bank records.

Lawyers for Fusion submitted a new request for a temporary restraining order preventing its bank, TD Bank, from producing records requested by the House panel regarding records of its transactions “with any law firm, ‘media company’ or journalist with which it has worked.”

The filing raises the possibility that Fusion has paid journalists.

The committee, chaired by California Rep. Devin Nunes, subpoenaed TD Bank for Fusion’s records early last month. The bank was poised to hand over the documents, but the two sides reached a last-minute settlement on Oct. 27.

“None of those demands are pertinent to the Committee’s ‘Russia investigation,’ and disclosure of the documents would cause irreparable harm to Plaintiff by destroying the confidentiality of its business with its clients and contractors and by violating Plaintiff’s First Amendment rights to free speech and free association,” Fusion’s lawyers argue.

As part of its Oct. 27 agreement, House Intel demanded that TD Bank produce 112 of 400 Fusion GPS bank records in its possession.

Lawyers for the two sides held a phone conference on Thursday to negotiate terms of the request. Fusion’s lawyers urged the committee’s attorneys to narrow or withdraw the request for the bank documents. But counsel for the House panel said they were “not in a position to accept [Plaintiff’s] suggestion that it withdraw its request for these specified transactions, which are necessary for its investigation.”

Fusion’s lawyers say that the House committee seeks records of its bank transactions with 10 law firms, as well as with unnamed media companies and journalists.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this whole thing gets more and more complicated

When Buzzfeed released the 35 page dossier, part of it said a Russian company was hired by the Kremlin to break into the DNC computers.

That company owned by Aleksej Gubarev, is suing Buzzfeed for publishing false information.

To defend itself, Buzzfeed has subpoenaed the Democratic National Committee for information related to the Democratic hack

BuzzFeed is seeking “technical information and data obtained during the investigation into the Democratic Hack, including all host-based and network-based artifacts.” It is also seeking “non-public” analysis and reports into the DNC hack, and copies of the malware that was allegedly used in the attack.

This subpoena is the latest filed by BuzzFeed in connection to its federal lawsuit in Florida.

In addition to the DNC, Buzzfeed has also subpoenaed the cybersecurity firm Crowdstrike, which investigated the breach at Democratic Party headquarters, for technical information related to Russian hacking attempts

http://foreignpolicy.com/2017/...steele-trump-russia/

Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
BREAKING. The Judge In The Fusion GPS Case Has Been Booted

In a lot of circles there has been concern expressed about the fact that Judge Tanya Chutkan is handling the case where the House Intelligence Committee is trying to pry open the bank records of Fusion GPS to determine the scope of their direct involvement in the Trump Dossier including which journalists they paid to push the Trump dossier story.

Chutkan was troubling because she was an Obama appointee whose law firm represented Huma Abedin and other Democrat insiders. She’s also the judge that orderd DHS to procure an abortion for a pregnant illegal teen.

Now, for reasons we don’t know, Chutkan has been taken off the Fusion GPS case and the case handed to Judge Richard de Leon.

https://www.redstate.com/strei...ion-gps-case-booted/

Judge de Leon appears to be a good guy. Let's hope this delivers. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Leon

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
Wow. Very interesting.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
What does it mean?

Posts: 107578 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
What does it mean?

I'd like it to result in Fusion GPS's bank records being provided to the House committee the subpoenaed them, and all of us eventually seeing who paid for what, and specifically whether the FBI paid for any part of the infamous "dossier"

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That does come from out of nowhere. There's nothing out there except the linked-to article on redstate and another site.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I think there may be a different interpretation of this Reuters report.

Donald Trump Jr met w a Russian lawyer in June 2016 because he was told she had negative info on Clinton.

That became a big deal about the Trump campaign "colluding" w the Russians.

Now Reuters is reporting that the Russian lawyer at the mtg ( Natalia Veselnitskaya) met with Fusion GPS before and after the mtg.

The document that the Russian lawyer had was written by Fusion GPS.

https://www.reuters.com/articl...ources-idUSKBN1D937W

Reuters is trying to spin it that that both campaigns bought dirt on their opposition from Fusion GPS.

I am wondering if the mtg was a set up by Fusion to trap Donald Trump Jr w a collusion charge. (although I never have understood why a campaign wouldn't want truthful opposition research no matter where it came from)

Fusion didn't know their Clinton and DNC connection was going to become public.

https://www.reuters.com/articl...ources-idUSKBN1D937W

I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by feersum dreadnaught:
BREAKING. The Judge In The Fusion GPS Case Has Been Booted

In a lot of circles there has been concern expressed about the fact that Judge Tanya Chutkan is handling the case where the House Intelligence Committee is trying to pry open the bank records of Fusion GPS to determine the scope of their direct involvement in the Trump Dossier including which journalists they paid to push the Trump dossier story.

Chutkan was troubling because she was an Obama appointee whose law firm represented Huma Abedin and other Democrat insiders. She’s also the judge that orderd DHS to procure an abortion for a pregnant illegal teen.

Now, for reasons we don’t know, Chutkan has been taken off the Fusion GPS case and the case handed to Judge Richard de Leon.

https://www.redstate.com/strei...ion-gps-case-booted/

Judge de Leon appears to be a good guy. Let's hope this delivers. - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_J._Leon

Bean, LLC v John Doe Bank.

It could be anybody. Where is the tie in to Fusion, or the House?

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am wondering if the mtg was a set up by Fusion to trap Donald Trump Jr w a collusion charge. (although I never have understood why a campaign wouldn't want truthful opposition research no matter where it came from)

There was nothing illegal about what Jr. did, and the Republican (actually a think tank/blog center) that funded the initial research dropped the project completely in the early to mid-stages of the '16 primary. I don't see how the meeting can be used to charge collusion, and I don't see how the Steele "Report" can be ascribed to Republicans as well as Democrats.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
I don't see how the meeting can be used to charge collusion

From what I have heard, and I gave up on wanting to be a lawyer after I decided poly sci was kind of useless, collusion in and of itself is not against the law. The left keeps harping on "collusion" but it is not illegal. Collusion to commit criminal acts maybe (conspiracy?) but not just "collusion".

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post