SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Fashion accessory for Sigforum Snowflakes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fashion accessory for Sigforum Snowflakes Login/Join 
posted
Man buns have been on the scene for awhile, and it doesn't look like they are going anywhere anytime soon. But what is a guy to do if he doesn't have the length to create a messy top knot but he really wants to? Simple: he does what women have been doing for centuries. He puts in extensions. Enter the Clip-On Man Bun, which looks like a miniature hair net that locks around a stubby ponytail and turns it into a thick and impressive bun.

Women know firsthand what an easy fix a pair of extensions can be if you're anxiously growing out a short hairstyle, and just how realistic it could look if done the right way. So why can't men join in on that hack, especially since more and more guys are growing out their hair longer? Beauty hacks should be open to all genders, and this new man bun cheat can be the difference between a threadbare top knot and a good hair day.

If you grew up in the '90s, then you might already be familiar with a similar concept as the clip-on man bun, just yours came in the form of a scrunchie. During the decade when fanned-out, spiky ends were the look du jour with bun hairstyles, many of us bought faux-hair scrunchies to create those porcupine spikes in our casual up-dos. Mandy Moore circa 1999 illustrates:

The clip-on man bun uses a similar concept, just creates a full bun rather than just encompasses a scrunchie.

Blue Crate
In order to put it on, all you have to do is pull back your hair, secure the bun onto your small top knot, and then tighten it by pulling down on a string that scrunches the bun closed, like a drawstring bag. Tuck in the string inside the bun, and you're ready to go.

LINK To Pics: https://www.bustle.com/p/clip-...ensions-too-10020921

Posts: 17234 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
You first. Pictures or you didn't do it. Don't forget your eyeliner.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think I will stick with my high and tight.

Officers lives matter!

Posts: 3265 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27951 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
#2 guard please. I’ve no use for hair snowflake. It’s overrated.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12627 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
If "[w]omen know firsthand what an easy fix hair extensions can be", then why would anyone think that women wouldn't be able to tell if a guy were wearing hair extensions?

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
quote:
many of us bought faux-hair scrunchies

No, we didn't.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 8621 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post