SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    JetBlue blocks Sigforum on in plane wifi
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

JetBlue blocks Sigforum on in plane wifi Login/Join 
Picture of Leemur
posted
Should’ve known they’d block gun websites. Half the places I think ied to go were blocked. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They're probably afraid you might pull a gun from the screen.

No guns on planes, ya know...

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
VPN

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If I traveled much I’d do that but this is the first time I’ve been on a plane in 12 years.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
If I traveled much I’d do that but this is the first time I’ve been on a plane in 12 years.

You should be using a VPN anytime you are on a network you cannot completely trust or isn't completely private. It's not just about getting around an airplane blacklist, but also protecting your own data. Public WiFi at the airport, coffee shop, library, private WiFi at the hotel, work, client site... all should protected behind a VPN.

Posts: 13048 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Anybody who uses a smartphone or tablet (or laptop for that matter) outside of his home should be using or have the ability to use a VPN.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
got a VPN recommendation?

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
ZenMate VPN.

It lets you jump over all that bullshit.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I use TunnelBear because it is stupid easy. It's not necessarily the cheapest or feature rich, but it's easy enough for my wife to use. And it has a cute name, so my wife remembers what it is.

Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Using both PIA and VPNSecure - currently lifetime subscription for $35: https://stacksocial.com/sales/vpnsecure-lifetime-3

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I use Tunnel Bear.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
Delta doesn’t block the forum, because I’m perusing it right now at 35,000 feet. But I am going to check into the VPN suggestion for sure!

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10490 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
I did my research and subscribed to a well-rated VPN service, primarily so I can have some security with my devices when I’m traveling (hotel WiFi, coffee shops, restaurants, LTE connections, etc.) Only to find out that most of the financial institutions I deal with block any incoming connections from known VPN servers. So the websites and transactions I really wanted the protection for are a no-go.

Mad

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aquilon:
I did my research and subscribed to a well-rated VPN service, primarily so I can have some security with my devices when I’m traveling (hotel WiFi, coffee shops, restaurants, LTE connections, etc.) Only to find out that most of the financial institutions I deal with block any incoming connections from known VPN servers. So the websites and transactions I really wanted the protection for are a no-go.

Mad

Wow, really? Did you try switching to a a bunch of other server locations?

Delta.com had denied me access when i was using a US or Canada VPN server. But if I switch to France I have access again.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

The air above the din
Picture of Aquilon
posted Hide Post
I tried several at the time, U.S., Canada, Mexico. Perhaps I need to experiment more a bit further afield. Tried a server in France just now, per your post. One bank did let me in (but after a two-factor confirmation), another bank is still totally inaccessible.

Posts: 966 | Location: Virginia | Registered: May 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
http://anonymouse.org/

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Deqlyn:
got a VPN recommendation?

Nord VPN. I've used several and it is the best out of the bunch.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I've found more and more sites blocking VPN's. Heck I can't even order Papa John's while on VPN. Have to shut if off. I have tried servers all over the world.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
Sigforum was blocked when I was using the wifi at Walt Disney World ...

I am quite sure it was blocked when I was at Kaiser Health last year. But do JetBlue and Disney really believe their actions will reduce violence? Roll Eyes

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post