Find
Notify
Tools

Crocs Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
I don't care what anyone says, I love them.

Years ago, when I was in training, I had to stand for 10-12 hours a day, pretty much every day, and it was killing my back. I tried many different kinds of footwear and nothing worked until I broke down and tried a pair of Crocs. They were like magic. My feet and my back loved them. I still have, and wear at work, that same pair of Crocs, and they are still comfortable ten years later.

Lately, my feet have been bugging me and my usual footwear (Moab Ventilators) just aren't cutting the mustard anymore. They have gone down in quality IMO, and are just not padded enough to keep my feet from being pretty achey at the end of the day (or the middle for that matter). So, I went on a mission today to find some new and better footwear.

My requirements were a large toebox, slip-on (because I'm in and out of my shoes quite a bit throughout the day and tying and untying is too much of a PITA), and most of all...comfortable. I went through Merrells, Keens, New Balance, Cabelas brands, and several others. None of them fit the bill and I was ready to give up when I noticed a set of Crocs hanging on a hook on the way out.

These didn't look like the Crocs that I've worn in the past. In fact, they not only looked like they'd meet every one of my needs, they looked like real shoes. And indeed...they did meet my needs.

http://www.crocs.com/p/mens-sw...n4=lifestyle&prefv4=

As Crocs normally are, these things are incredibly comfortable (it's like walking on a marshmallow), easy on, easy off, they look normal, and they were about half the price of the competitors. Sold!

Joke all you want and make fun of me if you'd like, but I love my Crocs and I will continue to wear them daily.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I love my Crocs

You're in good company.

But I have to admit, the ones you point out do look more "normal."

Posts: 27949 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love my Crocs. I have the Yooper winter model that is fleece lined. I wear mine proudly to the mailbox daily.
My neighbors are aghast!
And they are excellent for flats fishing in Florida.
Excellent Croc / Sock combo on the Prez!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd actually wear the ones you posted a link to. original Crocs...no way, I'd rather be a cripple. Wink

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Crocs rock around the campsite after a long day's hike.

But, watch out on wet tile floors !

Posts: 542 | Registered: April 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
Yessir...

Razz

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:

Posts: 8618 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I wear ones made from the same material that look like normal Converse or Vans made by a company called Native, and since I wear Converse and Vans sometimes anyway they look like my normal shoes and there's no embarrassing style to deal with.

All the benefits, none of the lame.

And I never, ever, ever wear socks with them.

But hey, if you like Crocs knock yourself out. I wouldn't be caught dead in the normal looking ones. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Wear crocs around the house everyday. Even have some that look like boat shoes, I call them my covert crocs.

Posts: 841 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Love 'em.

Posts: 12920 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
I wear crocs that look like regular open toe sandals, don't have all the goofy holes
Most comfortable shoes for light duty cruising around I've ever owned

The model is Yukon Slides

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
If they only came about 1/2 size larger.

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6390 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Question: How long do they retain the "marshmallow" comfort before you have to replace them?

OK, just ordered a pair from Amazon for $43, cheaper than the Crocs website.
I'm having back trouble these days and it sounds like these might help.
I note they also come in leather, and a lot of other styles.

Posts: 18058 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ermagherd,
10 Mirrimerter!
Picture of ElKabong
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
Question: How long do they retain the "marshmallow" comfort before you have to replace them?

OK, just ordered a pair from Amazon for $43, cheaper than the Crocs website.
I'm having back trouble these days and it sounds like these might help.
I note they also come in leather, and a lot of other styles.

I got over 2 years of use out of my last pair
If I lived in Florida, I'd probably get a new pair every year

I quit school in elementary because of recess.......too many games
--Riff Raff--

Posts: 2914 | Location: WV | Registered: September 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
My wife bought me a pair a few years ago & said that I was supposed to take my boots off at the back door & put the Crocs on, so I wasn't dragging dirt all over the house.

I looked at them & told her in no uncertain terms, that I wasn't going to wear those damn ugly things. No way. Absolutely not. I ain't wearing those. Never.

So......The ones she bought me were so comfortable, I bought a pair of camo Crocs.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I forget who said it, but...

Wearing Crocs is like getting head from a man. It feels fantastic...until you look down and realize that you're gay.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30407 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I forget who said it, but...

Wearing Crocs is like getting head from a man. It feels fantastic...until you look down and realize that you're gay.

Ha! That's good. Stupid Crocs. Oh wait...

I got job in a bakery and the shoes I started w/ were killing my feet after a couple hours of work.
Following the lead of the person teaching me, I relented and bought a pair, $30, free shipping from the Crocs website.

My back loves them. They stick to wet floors.
My feet love them. They feel the same at the end of shift as when I put them on. I just bought a back-up pair for $26 on sale.
So far the wear and comfort after almost year is still pretty good on the first set.

So fricking easy to clean too.

I'm getting to that age where I don't give a shit what I look like or how I dress (thanks Dad).

Posts: 7355 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Music's over turn
out the lights
Picture of David W
posted Hide Post
I wear Croc flip flops, I buy a pair every couple years. They are great around water, working in the garden and around the house but not out in publicSmile

David W.

Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud. -Sophocles

Posts: 3641 | Location: Winston Salem, N.C. | Registered: May 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David W:
I wear Croc flip flops, I buy a pair every couple years. They are great around water, working in the garden and around the house but not out in publicSmile

Ha! When you get old enough and secure enough in your manhood you won't give a rat's patootie what people might think about those ugly but very comfortable things. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post