SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    No Nativity at the Capitol

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
No Nativity at the Capitol Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity Scene on Capitol Hill this Christmas season.

This isn't for any religious reason. They simply have not been able to find Three Wise Men in the Nation's Capital.

A search for a Virgin also continues.

There was no problem, however, finding enough asses to fill the stable.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
Cool Eek

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9849 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Damn! Fell for it. Big Grin

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Report This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Me too. That there is funny.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Report This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
The Supreme Court has ruled that there cannot be a Nativity Scene on Capitol Hill this Christmas season.

This isn't for any religious reason. They simply have not been able to find Three Wise Men in the Nation's Capital.

A search for a Virgin also continues.

There was no problem, however, finding enough asses to fill the stable.

Good one!!

His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
The situation might be better in New York. Still no virgin, but they shouldn't have any trouble finding three wiseguys.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Report This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. I was ready to get peeved...

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
ha! good one J

you had me going there for a minute

Smile

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53086 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Semper Paratus
Picture of sj4550
posted Hide Post
Set the hook

Posts: 373 | Location: Ovilla, TX | Registered: May 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Grrr...

I'll be ok...
Stolen!

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4117 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Report This Post