SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Opinions on Sling TV or Other Non-Satellite Providers-Rural Location
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Opinions on Sling TV or Other Non-Satellite Providers-Rural Location Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted
A little background on my question first.
I live in a somewhat rural area with poor antenna reception and have been using Directv for years. I'm long out of contract so have some leverage.
For years when they did their raising of rates I would call Customer Retention after doing my research on other options and prices. They seem to be wising up to my threats and only give short (like 6 month) discount packages that start to fall away before I have to do it over. The games are getting old.
I'm not a real big techie so it must be simple. We recently got 100 MBPS fiber internet so have been thinking about my internet based options. One that looks kind of attractive is Sling TV but I'll need Roku, Air TV or other add on's to get local TV although I'm not a frequent watcher of network TV. I'm also not a stick & ball sports fan so don't need any of that stuff either. Mostly racing for sports which is covered by ESPN and NBC Sports.
I'm sure someone here has had similar thoughts and hopefully experience of what to do and not do.
Fire away.

Posts: 9434 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Check out Hulu too. They have a package that has local news stations as well as the espn's, Fox's and nbc's. You can get it with or without commercials. I'm about 3 weeks into my free trial month and I see no reason to drop it at this point. I'm also in a rural area and finally got tired of Comcast.

Posts: 872 | Location: TN | Registered: December 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
Current thread on the subject might shed some light....

Personally I have HuLu and it works OK, I just am bugged by paying money but can not FF through commercials unless its a recorded program.

Also had YouTube-TV (great for sports) and ATT-TV (formerly Direct-TV Now)...kept jacking up the price.

"https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/5980028174

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post