SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What is the difference between journalism and activism?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What is the difference between journalism and activism? Login/Join 
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
journalism is dead, activism is at an all-time high

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53164 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Oh yeah, Journalists , I remember those.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you're asking the question you must be a journalist. Big Grin

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kramden:
Oh yeah, Journalists , I remember those.

Really? Just how old are you?

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Huntley and Brinkley - the last time I heard impartial journalism. One memory is body count numbers in Vietnam. Simple reporting. No crocodile tears.

“And that’s the news -“

“Good night David”. “Good night Chet”.

Posts: 2130 | Location: south central Pennsylvania | Registered: November 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
In your opinion what is the difference between journalism and activism?

Actual journalists at least occasionally tell both sides of a story.

Posts: 15022 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
In some cases based on my opinion.
Fact vs Fiction
True Journalism is based on facts backed up by real evidence not hearsay, guessing and a reporters personal agenda.
Activism is based on an agenda and personal feeling not always based on fact.
The best example I can think of over the last 15 to 20 years would be global warming.
This is just my opinion though.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2570 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post