SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    So here is the problem with society.....
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

So here is the problem with society..... Login/Join 
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted
I don’t raise my daughter politically. I raise her right, polite, to be a critical thinker and probably impart conservative values along the way. She is taught everyone is deserving of respect until they lose it. Doesn’t matter race, creed, religion etc. you judge a person by who they are. You can disagree but judge them on their merits.

Anyhoo she has this girl in her class that is......well a product of her parenting. Said girl goes up to one of the African American girls and says Donald Trump hates brown people like you. FUCKING SERIOUSLY!!! I have less of an issue with what was said then I do parents who politicize an 8 year old who basically made another child likely feel like shit as well a perpetuate a problem that needs to go away.

Look I am fairly right leaning (who’d a thunk) but I don’t run around the house screaming Hillary is a witch. Hell during the election my daughter wanted Hillary to win because she was the girl and even though we had a mild talk about voting for somebody just because of how they looked and that you have to look at what their actions are etc. I didn’t tell her she was wrong and Hillary was a monster because......she’s 8!!! There is no need to deal with that crap.

Anyway it torques me off we have parents dragging 8 year olds into a political fight and perpetuating schisms.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: cslinger,

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7674 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I don’t run around the house screaming Hillary is a cunt.

You should try it. It's fun.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fenris:
quote:
Originally posted by cslinger:
I don’t run around the house screaming Hillary is a cunt.
You should try it. It's fun.
Besides, you don't need to state the obvious to everyone! Big Grin

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
It's interesting and disturbing to be how the Democratic party has slowly indoctrinated the youth of this country over the last 10-20 years. Clearly the intent is to build a solid base to out them in power forever and have a nice core to put down opposition.

World history shows how dangerous that can be for a country and it's people.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37950 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dinosaur
Picture of P210
posted Hide Post
Child soldiers in a non violent ideology war.

Posts: 6956 | Location: 96753 | Registered: December 15, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Democrat Party keeps indoctrinating youth, and they do dominate the youth vote. They keep believing that they will become the "Party of the Future."
It never happens, because youths keep "growing up".

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good job. We are the same way, they are exposed to our values, but we don't openly lambast the opposition in front of them.

My 9 year olds go to a school with a high hispanic population. They come home asking why their friend says Trump is going to make their parents leave blah, blah.

Our 14yo daughter figured out for herself what a joke Hillary is and likes to make fun of her, Trump cracks her up as well; "WRONG!" "You Are Fake News!" Big Grin

In school when asked about current events she sometimes knows answers teachers don't.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Indeed. The day after the election my friend said kids at his daughter's school were in tears and petrified they were going to be arrested or worse. They were third graders. How does a third grader become that level of scared without parental figures and misguided teachers fostering fear? All I knew of politics in third grade was that Ronald Ray-gun was the president and had a cool last name.

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I really didn't know a thing about politics until I got to the Academy. In fact, the first time I really heard the terms left vs right and liberal vs conservative were after my high school years, and I was never really engaged until after graduating college. I was too busy doing other things and studying.

My parents were just never that outwardly political. It turns out that both my mother and father were actually super conservative. They are even more so now though. I enjoy speaking about politics with my mother and father now but had absolutely zero interest or even knowledge of such things when I was young.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What's the saying; "The apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

Politics and a whole lot more, at an 8 year old level is learned behavior.
As fun as it is (trust me! Wink ), running around the house yelling "Hillory is a cunt" will eventually bleed over to the chillrens.
So will the "Hillory is the best thing since cornbread, sex and hair cuts."

About the only thing we can hope for is one day, that kid is going to grow up. Hopefully that kid will be able to think on its own. That whole learning HOW to think, not WHAT to think...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8335 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post