SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where is MississippiGal...Where is P220ST??
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where is MississippiGal...Where is P220ST?? Login/Join 
Mr. Waffles
Picture of cherokee2u
posted
As the title says, I miss the Bell of the South and her great prices on SIGs. Anybody seen or heard from her?

Also P220ST and his Friday night specials. I don't think he is still in the firearms business. Haven't seen or heard from him in a long time.

A shepherd must tend his flock....and at times fight off the wolves

Posts: 2988 | Location: Carolina | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Steve(AKA P220ST) doesn't sell firearms anymore. I did a few deals with him back in the day.

He posts on FB now and then.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16391 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steve got me a minty P225 back in the day. A pleasure to do business with. I hope he’s doing well.

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The Dancing Tomato. Got a nice Colt 1911 Gold Cup Trophy from him.

Posts: 10913 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Steve got me my P220 and shipped it to Bruce Gray for his 10mm conversion.
I also got a P229 SAS from him.

I remember when he was in the pest control business before that.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Boy waiting around for the Friday night sales that 220ST/Steve would hold weekly was so much fun and they were really good deals at that.
For some reason I had thought MissGal/Donna had been more active recently but when I did a ID search it has been almost a year since she has posted.
They both were well respected around here.

Posts: 18033 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not
posted Hide Post
Steve was great guy. I still carry a 642 I bought from him back in the day!!

Kind of sad how people wander in and out of your life. I tried calling an ex coworker this week and his phone was disconnected. Not sure if he alive or dead Frown

Posts: 7795 | Location: Bismarck ND | Registered: February 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingfoot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin101:
Steve was great guy. I still carry a 642 I bought from him back in the day!!

Kind of sad how people wander in and out of your life. I tried calling an ex coworker this week and his phone was disconnected. Not sure if he alive or dead Frown

I got a 642 from Steve as well, a good guy to deal with. I miss that dancing tomato!

Posts: 1842 | Location: Peachtree City, GA | Registered: January 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
King Nothing
Picture of SigSauerP226
posted Hide Post
I was just thinking about Steve recently, wondering what he was up to these days. Got my first gun from him (226) as a 21st birthday present to myself (about 6 months after becoming a member here and hearing all the rave reviews from members here). I live in CA and couldn't have the 12rd mags, so he sold them and sent me the money to buy 10rd mags. Thought that was awesome of him. He, also, called me shortly after getting my gun to see how I liked it and to make sure I was happy. Just a short casual conversation. I thought that was, also, awesome of him. I believe I remember reading about some sort of issues that led him away from firearms, but not sure. He was great and I'm sure lots of people here miss him.

...Then it comes to be that the soothing light at the end of your tunnel, is just a freight train coming your way...

Posts: 2440 | Location: Simi Valley, CA | Registered: September 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I bought a 642 from Donna and a couple of guns from Steve. Sorry to see either one of them not here anymore.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of swage
posted Hide Post
I bought a G19 from Steve in 2007. I still have it. He was a pleasure to work with.

Posts: 1865 | Location: Westlake, OH USA | Registered: October 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I remember the forum coming together for Steve. Quite an impressive thing to see.

Seems the gun business is just a very tough business. Certainly doesn't help when injuries set you back.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
I remember that too.... But I can't remember why or what happened...

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Casuistic Thinker and Daoist
Picture of 9mmepiphany
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cherokee2u:
Also P220ST and his Friday night specials. I don't think he is still in the firearms business. Haven't seen or heard from him in a long time.

He is no longer selling firearms as an FFL, but he does work at a range.

He went back into the pest control business for a while and might still be involved in that also.

I keep up with him on FaceBook

No, Daoism isn't a religion

Posts: 14180 | Location: northern california | Registered: February 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I am not sure where Donna is currently.
As I remember things, one of her family members had a very serious medical issue.

This reminds me, I should email her.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
I am glad that you brought up Donna.

Prayer sent for her welling being and for all of her family.

I seem to recall her posting after she lost a sister. Iirc.

I am old enough here to remember the early three.
James, Jerry and Steve.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19158 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
I heard back from Donna moments ago.

She's a good person and a great believer in the Lord.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31422 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

Thanks for the update

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:

That she is. Thanks Beej.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm No Quitter
posted Hide Post
to all my SigForum Friends.
I am posting today to say Thanks To All who have ask about us in our absence.
First my Apologies for not posting sooner.
Without going into Great detail .... it has been a very hard year.
I am Not Complaining or Whining as I feel Truly Blessed!!!

Our Home in the deep woods country was great for the past 9 years but very draining.
When you make a place from pristine woods to a full time home place ... the work is never ending. Just a fact.
As most of you know my husband is 100% Disabled Veteran and most things associated with creating a " new home place" was something that required outside help going forward.
So after living in our country place dream home .. for 9 years ... it was evident that going forward ... coupled with getting older ... was more than we could continue to do. With help of family and some hired help .. we got our " Country Lodge" ready ... to put on be market and started thinking of smaller area that would be manageable for us.
The week before Christmas 2017 ... we had a buyer ... and set into a plan to box up 9 years worth of living and had 30 days to set it all in motion. The buyer was very very gracious about " you can take as much time as needed" to clear out.
This is where it got hard and without having a Great Lord and Savior ... and the friends and family that we are blessed with ... it looked impossible.
My husband got sick as many many folks do in the winter time. Long story short .. he ended up in our local hospital ER with severe .. Major ... difficulty with breathing and swallowing ... the nightmare we went through for the next 6 days and nights in hospital ... are just too much to write .. but they were able to get him back to melted ice cream and some liquids .. and his Med's were changed to liquids to make it possible to swallow. The were some Drug reactions and are still being dealt with this 9 months later.
He is doing better on Many fronts .
Within 30 days of my husband's hospital endeavor .. our youngest son .. who has had
" Head pain / Headaches " for around 10 years .... had a terrible accident. Totaled his vehicle and by only the grace of God .. is with us still. Again long story short ... he suffered a concussion and one eye had a bleed that will affect his vision going forward. God is walking with him each day and life is getting better for him and his sweet wife.

In the middle of all the moving and family medical issues ... I actually renewed my FFL in Feb 2018. ..... but knew unmistakably that my family came first . Period .. so I notified the BATFE that my New unused FFL would be closed out as soon as it arrived to me in the mail.

Our new place is in a small Nice Gated Lake Community ... it is manageable ... with lovely water access and views ... we have a small older pontoon boat parked in our boathouse and in nice weather ... we fish and ride whenever weather and health permits . Our kids and grandkids love coming to fish and swim and boat ride. So we know we are blessed every day that our feet hit the floor. We still have some severe health issues ... but knowing God has our backs.... we take things one day at a time.
I miss all our friends on SigForum and will try to check in more often.

My Best Friend in Texas sent me a text last night telling me that some folks on the Forum were asking about us.

God Bless Each and Everyone Of You!
I Miss You!
I am honored to call so many of you Friends/ Family.

With Much Love,
Merry Christmas!
W T and Donna Flanagan ( MississippiGal)

Posts: 4083 | Location: Lauderdale , Mississippi | Registered: June 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post