Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
My Guac game is on point, too.

Avocados are amazing.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I'd rather eat dog shit served in a dirty ash tray. I would eat guacamole from time to time when at Mexican restaurants and my stomach would feel odd sometimes afterwards. I always chalked it up to too many margaritas. Then one day a couple years ago I had some sort of tacos at a restaurant and there were raw avocados in it. 20 mins after eating them I was BURSTING INTO FLAMES. Like injecting a canister of OC directly into your blood and microwaving your stomach. I probably should have gone to an ER but I just induced vomiting and rolled around on my bed for an hour and all was fine. I later had an allergy test done and I have some sort of latex derivative allergy (not gloves or condoms, but avocado and bananas). I've never eaten dog shit, but I am guessing I wouldn't have that reaction from it.

Posts: 2514 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rsd1220
posted Hide Post
Haas are bomb, but if I see stringy avos it's getting tossed. Also got a few that ripened at the same time. I'll be having avos for the next 3 days straight.

__Phase plasma rifle in the 40-watt range__

Posts: 1113 | Location: Pangea | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:

Note the "iridescent" green color, relatively smooth skin and very light-colored fruit. I don't like that kind, whatever it is. Those have no taste. I like the Hass, with a darker, more wrinkly rind and darker fruit.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
chillin out
Picture of florida boy
posted Hide Post
Great in guac and sammiches. My daughter batters(spicy) and fries slices, quite tasty.

I practice Shinrin-yoku
It's better to wear out than rust out
Member NRA
Member Georgia Carry

Posts: 3813 | Location: Union County, Georgia | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
....I've taken to heating on the grill a bit in the little veggie-basket thing I got at the Chefs-R-Us center.

Don't need no nothing with it, although everything (almost) listed above helps extend the excuse to Get More Avos.

Indirect "reverse sear" pitted with skin on or with skin off, either works very well for my taste.

We've also got one of the 'worlds best' recipes that includes a touch of yogurt & list of possibles from above notes.

While guacamole is a much favored 'green pudding' here, I like the bare grilled results just as well without the extras added.

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9853 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

Note the "iridescent" green color, relatively smooth skin and very light-colored fruit. I don't like that kind, whatever it is. Those have no taste. I like the Hass, with a darker, more wrinkly rind and darker fruit.

Looks like a nasty "slimcado", I mention earlier. Flat out nasty, compared to a Haas.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
A mortgage that comes with free avocado toast:

http://m.startribune.com/a-mor...-the-side/431528233/

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8935 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I will spare you the whole song

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I like to slice them in half, squeeze lime juice and sprinkle cayenne pepper on the halves and eat them with a spoon. The dark skinned avocados are far better eating IMO.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: arfmel,

Posts: 26895 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
All the nutrition is suppose to be at the skin.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
It's a funny fruit. I like guacamole but I don't think I have ever bought one in my life. Our local Mexican restaurant puts it on a a bunch of their dishes and I always gulp it down but that is pretty much the only way I get it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5035 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:

As someone who grows avocados (Hass, Lamb Hass, GEM, Sir Prize, Harvest, & Reed not counting the pollenizers - Bacon, Ettinger, Fuerte, Walter Hole, & Zutano), that looks a lot like a Hass that someone cut open way too early.

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I love avocado and we almost always have them in stock here at home.

Posts: 5071 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ChuckWall
posted Hide Post
Avocado Sandwich - Best thing the Ex did for me

Whole wheat bread(We use Brownberry), toasted
Cream Cheese
Tomato slice(s)
Avocado, sliced(1/4?)
Alfalfa sprouts

MAGA

Posts: 5689 | Registered: February 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post