New
Find
Notify
Tools

Avocados Login/Join 
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
I can only think of one or two times that I've had guac that I liked. Usually it looks like something that should be wrapped in a diaper.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Lived next to an avacado orchard when I was a kid and we'd eat them like candy. Split 'em in half and dig the meat out with a spoon. Avacado sandwiches are still one of my favorite things. We still eat them sliced on a plate, on burgers, in egg omelettes, on tostadas/burritos/tacos and on salads regularly.

A man should acknowledge his losses just as gracefully as he celebrates his victories

Remember, in politics it's not who you know...it's what you know about who you know

Posts: 812 | Location: CA | Registered: February 01, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Sliced with lime juice and coarsely ground black pepper.

It's that simple.

Posts: 15890 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
A good ripe (just at that point from being too gooshy) avocado with a little salt is good by itself or mushed up with spices into guacamole Smile

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
I loved them before it was cool...and now Millennials are ruining it by making them scarce and more expensive!! Mad

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
I like them, not everyday eat them good, but still great now and then.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2tonicP220
posted Hide Post
Sourdough toast, with ripe smashed avocado, salt, pepper, and a bit of garlic = damn good.

ALDI will many times have good Hass Avocados for .99 ea, but they were $1.49 today... I have seen them knock them out at .49 before too. DO NOT ever buy "Slimcados"... They are about as nasty as they can get. Watery, weird texture, no flavor, absolutely disgusting.

Posts: 2049 | Location: NW PA | Registered: March 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
i like avocado as a dessert besides quacamole or in my sandwiches.

The picture in the op isn't ripe. Nobody would want that.

I cut it in half. get the seed out. pour condensed milk over it, then enjoy by scooping it out. If no condensed milk, then sugar and milk.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19657 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
I like em on my tostadas, tacos, sandwiches and of course guac. And they are healthy for ya to boot.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Draal,

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
One of the best ingredients in sandwiches, guac is awesome too. Making burgers tonight, had I read this prior to shopping I would have remembered to slice one for the burgers. Having bacon, cheddar, and pepperjack burgers, would have gone perfect one it. Damn you SIGforum, if I didn't open this thread I wouldn't realize what I was missing out on.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20817 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Guacamole is one of man's greatest gifts to the food world. With good tortilla chips or thin slices of quesadillas or even french fries.

Avocado sandwiches with bacon, ultra-thin slices of red onion and mayo. If no bacon around, still good to go. And burgers. Also sliced into certain salads.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16689 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For almost 40 years I was sure I did not like them. Then I finally tried them. I eat several each week now.

Posts: 220 | Location: SE Pennsylvania | Registered: May 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Avocado toast is good stuff. Guac is good. The best is scooping out the interior with nacho chips.

I have five small avocado trees on the balconey. Last year I gave away three trees. Four pits are in wet dirt. This thread makes me hungry.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Big fan.

If there's such a thing as a holy trinity in sandwich land - it's Turkey, Bacon, Avocado.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: 46and2,

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pipe Smoker:
Avocado, bacon, and mayo sandwich. And freshly ground black pepper, of course.
We like that combination in our house. I add some tomato slices, and a slice of Visalia onion, too.

A salad favorite here, is tomato, avocado, onion (for me, wife declines this), bacon, and bleu cheese crumbles.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30659 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Draal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Big fan.

If there's such a thing as a holy trinity is sandwich land - it's Turkey, Bacon, Avocado.

Hell yeah, that's lunch tomorrow at the Draal residence!

Posts: 164 | Location: Oak Park, IL | Registered: July 21, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
.68 apiece here, good, healthy ones...

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Moving cash
for money
posted Hide Post
Wish I could have voted 1.5. No need for me to eat them daily, but if they were served I would enjoy them.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Draal:
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
Big fan.

If there's such a thing as a holy trinity is sandwich land - it's Turkey, Bacon, Avocado.

Hell yeah, that's lunch tomorrow at the Draal residence!

Y'all ain't the only ones...I'm headed to Publix first thing in the morning for avocados!

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10585 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
CAPT Obvious
Picture of Spiff_P239
posted Hide Post
I love them too. I use them in salads and on sandwiches, eat them plain, with Mexican food, etc. They may actually be my favorite fruit.

Posts: 3519 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post