Avocados Login/Join 
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted
These things are really strange, IMHO.

Question:
Do you like avocados?

Choices:
1 - Yes, I love them. When I go to heaven, they'll be on the menu every day.
2 - They're ok (but mainly for millenials and veggies).
3 - They're better than starving to death.
4 - I'd rather eat dog shit.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just want to say one word to you- guacamole.

Posts: 987 | Location: Nashville | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Love 'em!

And too expensive.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Holy Guacamole!

As I used to live near the intersection of Fuerte Dr. and Avocado Blvd., had a dozen or so trees in my yard, include avocado in nearly every salad, and make world's greatest guacamole, I vote yes!

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tejas421:
Love it and avocado toast also.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15476 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Yummy....TBCG:
Turkey
Bacon
Cheddar
Guacamole

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
They give me almost instantaneous heartburn, I like guac but I cannot eat it or anything with avocados in it.

Archerman

Posts: 2483 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I love guacamole, but I despise the texture of sliced avocado. Also, I lived in SoCal for 3 years and asshole restaurants wouldn't list it as an ingredient, and then I'd unsuspectingly bite into the slimy crap. Using an avocado for anything other than guacamole is a waste.

In summary:
  • Guacamole = Good
  • Avocados not made into Guacamole = Bad

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of jbcummings
    posted Hide Post
    3 Haas avocados , halved, seeded and peeled
    1 lime, juiced
    1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
    1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    1/2 medium onion, diced
    1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
    2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
    1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
    1 clove garlic, minced

———-
    Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    No Compromise
    posted Hide Post
    I love Avocados, they make fantastic reactive targets.

Other than that, I don't eat anything that looks the same coming out as it does going in.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    A Grateful American
    Picture of sigmonkey
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Caribou gorn
    Picture of YellowJacket
    posted Hide Post
    avocados are kinda like portland cement... they really need some aggregate (onion, peppers, lime juice, cilantro, tomatoes, garlic, salt) before they can become concrete (guacamole) and do any real work.

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10486 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    His diet consists of black
    coffee, and sarcasm.
    Picture of egregore
    posted Hide Post
    They need to be ripe, enough so they squish a little bit. Then slice them open lengthwise, pop out the pit (it will pop easily if ripe enough) and scoop out the innards. Smile

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of P250UA5
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    I love guacamole, but I despise the texture of sliced avocado. Also, I lived in SoCal for 3 years and asshole restaurants wouldn't list it as an ingredient, and then I'd unsuspectingly bite into the slimy crap. Using an avocado for anything other than guacamole is a waste.

In summary:
  • Guacamole = Good
  • Avocados not made into Guacamole = Bad

• Win /thread

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15285 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Master-at-Arms
    Picture of apf383
    posted Hide Post
    I only eat them when we do Mexican.

Foster's, Australian for Bud

Posts: 7503 | Location: Stuck in NY, FUAC  | Registered: November 22, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Cogito Ergo Sum
    posted Hide Post
    The only thing I liked about living in California in the early 70's were the avocados. They were big and delicious. One of my favorite fruits.

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Better Than I Deserve!
    Picture of LBTRS
    posted Hide Post
    I love Avocados and eat several a week. Half an avocado with some salt is delicious.

Posts: 4986 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of SigSentry
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
    quote:
    Love it and avocado toast also.

Avocado toast. Ha. Never heard of it til yesterday

Keiser report: green gold
    https://youtu.be/8sHWCFxgkUE

Posts: 3507 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lawyers, Guns
    and Money
    Picture of chellim1
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Holy Guacamole!

Absolutely!
    I'll defer to JALLEN, but around here...I make the best guacamole!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
    -- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
    -rduckwor

Posts: 24066 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Baroque Bloke
    Picture of Pipe Smoker
    posted Hide Post
    Avocado, bacon, and mayo sandwich. And freshly ground black pepper, of course.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8934 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post