SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Northwest Angle
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Northwest Angle Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
There is an area in Michigan that you can only access by going through Ohio, which I just learned about recently:

http://michiganradio.org/post/...igans-lost-peninsula

Posts: 1168 | Registered: July 06, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I think there is a tiny ghost town in Illinois on the west side of the Mississippi River that can only be reached by road from inside Missouri. It was orphaned some years ago by a migration of the river.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jbcummings:
Looks to be mostly State forest with a couple of small communities on the northern shore. Not really any roads in particular except in the north part.

Sounds nearly ideal.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm doing contract work in the area, and have been here since last August. I'm about 50 miles south of there. Good story-accurate description. Lots of self sufficient people here. In many ways, a great place to live.

A nation which can prefer disgrace to danger is prepared for a master-and deserves one. Ronald Reagan, 1964, quoted from Alexander Hamilton

Posts: 1684 | Location: Southern Tennessee | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post