SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How do you get CSI fingerprint dust off clear poly finished cabinets?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How do you get CSI fingerprint dust off clear poly finished cabinets? Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Windex is a winner! It got most of it off. On a few stubborn spots I used Pine-Sol.

Thanks again.

Posts: 10932 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
dip a paper towel in coffee (black). It has some mild acids in it. I watched a guy clean permanent marker from a whiteboard with coffee. Effortlessly and instantly.

Posts: 11379 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cndrdk:
Here's a short version of a long story. Back in late '70's I was detective working auto theft. Had a gentleman come in early one morning crying and moaning that his new silver edition Pontiac Trans Am had been stolen. Seems he had picked up his "favorite" prostitute and spent night at a motel. When he awoke, his "favorite" was gone and so was his Trans Am. Fellow was adamant about prosecution, so I started all the paper work including affidavit that he had not given permission for her to drive vehicle, etc. The "favorite" was quite known by the squad and we had been wanting a solid charge on her for some time. Everyone in overdrive, APB put out, detectives checking informants and such. Later that day car was located, abandoned, with keys in ignition. I drove owner to the recovery scene (few blocks from the motel), it was indeed a beautiful vehicle, silver in color with SILVER LEATHER interior, however, owner then states he just wanted us to find his car and did not want to press charges on his "favorite". I actually think he got drunk and forgot where he parked his car and just made up story wanting us to find it for him. Anyway, before releasing vehicle to the owner, I told the ID tech "dust it for prints", (wink, wink)

You dusted a ‘79 silver tenth anniversary Trans Am for shits and giggles..... Eek horrible

The hours of cleanup if it totally cleaned must have been horrendous. Can’t say I didn’t smile a bit as I read this.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post