SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Social Entrepreneur?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Social Entrepreneur? Login/Join 
posted
What the heck is a social entrepreneur? Saw this listed for a woman. Occupation, degree, or just a made up term to sound impoiertant or glamorous, or some other nonsense?

Jim

Posts: 1349 | Location: Southern Black Hills | Registered: September 14, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Unemployed but networking via linked in to find a job?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
An instagram twitter poser

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Optimistic Cynic
Picture of architect
posted Hide Post
Blackmailer?

Posts: 6459 | Location: NoVA | Registered: July 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
social entrepreneur?

Planning/hosting a baby shower? Hell if I know.

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
What the heck is a social entrepreneur? Saw this listed for a woman. Occupation, degree, or just a made up term to sound important or glamorous, or some other nonsense?

Social entrepreneurship is

About applying practical, innovative and sustainable approaches to benefit society in general, with an emphasis on those who are marginalized and poor .

In other words, this person told you that they are a community organizing social justice tard. If you are looking at resume's, keep looking Wink

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by walkinghorse:
What the heck is a social entrepreneur? Saw this listed for a woman. Occupation, degree, or just a made up term to sound important or glamorous, or some other nonsense?

Social entrepreneurship is

About applying practical, innovative and sustainable approaches to benefit society in general, with an emphasis on those who are marginalized and poor .

In other words, this person told you that they are a community organizing social justice tard. If you are looking at resume's, keep looking Wink
To add, if this is a dating website then I suggest moving on no matter how she looks. At best you've encountered an idiot, but could be a crazy idiot. Life is too short to intentionally deal with idiots.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23221 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Here is a pair of "social entrepreneurs."

Posts: 27930 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Social Entrepreneur is the new Community Organizer.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
Al Sharpton is a pioneer in the field

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
Seeking taxpayers to financially support your lack of anything to offer.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8330 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Lordy Lordy! I have to constantly learn new corporate doublespeak jargon and buzzwords, now I'll have to learn to decipher more bullshit?

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought it meant hooker. No wonder she was
Pissed.

Posts: 17140 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
I thought it meant hooker. No wonder she was
Pissed.

That's even better than the term my wife & I use "Marketing major.". Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: slosig,

Posts: 6916 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post