SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you like best about this forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you like best about this forum? Login/Join 
Picture of SIG 229R
posted
Seen this discussed once or twice before but, couldn't pass up this opportunity to say a couple of things at this point in time

It makes no difference what kind of advice or help you are looking for there is someone here who always has an answer regardless of the subject matter, whether it be gun related or appliance related or you need to find out about the latest and greatest info on computers or software or just plain old pole stretchers. Then (without calling any names) those that are generous beyond a fault and passing on to someone else something that they have around and not using to someone else who can use it.

Summing it all up we the greatest bunch of guys here that I know of anywhere.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
This is just a fantastic forum to find out anything about anything from a great group of people who truly care about others. This forum is like a family as members will help members they have never met. It is very nice to be in a forum where it is rare to have people be disrespectful to each other. Sure it happens, but it is rare and Para and other admins nip it in the bud. This is the only forum I visit multiple times a day everyday as it is my source for everything. Just a great place to hang out.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
All that ^^^. Plus, no ad banners. I thank para everyday I open this forum up. The last bastion of ad-free gun forums. Cool

Q

Posts: 26205 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
The mustard bar!

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34084 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
This place is freakin' awesome! Great group of folks we have here.

This place is a great networking tool, too. I've met many members here. Some I haven't seen in years and some don't come around much anymore.

quote:
Originally posted by SIG 229R:
It makes no difference what kind of advice or help you are looking for there is someone here who always has an answer regardless of the subject matter,

I'm going to find something. I thought it could've been when a member asked if anyone had leased land for a cell phone tower to be built on. It just sounded like a far out question and I was thinking no one here would have an answer or experience. Sure enough, I was proven wrong (again). Big Grin

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Soylent green is people!

I mean, Sigforum is people. Love their hearts and minds. Won't find such an incredible comunity of straight shooters anywhere else.

And both the official SF leotard and the assless chaps are irresistible to wear.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12090 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
From a purely computer standpoint > it is a joy not to have all the damn ads, and the speed of the site is fantastic.
From the content standpoint it is second to none and it goes without saying > the best.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Humor/News

Posts: 7524 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
knowledge - there are experts on most everything and usually members who have done what I'm asking about.

Freedom to speak freely. I love and appreciate the lack of censorship.

Real people. I have several real life forum friends and countless other real keyboard friends.

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Knuckledragger
Picture of IndyRob
posted Hide Post
I'm just here for the hookers, blow, dope and gay cake.

Posts: 7358 | Location: Greater Indianapolis Area | Registered: October 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It's a great community. The members are knowledgeable and the discussions are actually moderated.

Posts: 1957 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, picking just one is hard. I like the folks who post regularly, almost all of them are polite and thoughtful. I like the huge number of experts willing to opine and share their vast experiences with others. I honestly think this is the most diverse group of thinkers I have ever encountered, and I’m a member of several professional, philosophical and leadership groups.

The moderation is top notch..... no I’m not a sycophant. But in truth, I’ve learned a lot about how to balance strong opinions and heated discussions by lurking while para or LDD set left/right limits.

But if I had to pick one thing, acknowledging the above items are all foundational, I’d say I really like the aesthetic display of this page. It’s functional, easy to find stuff, soft colors for those late nights..... I’m sure it sounds ridiculous but I find the color schemes easy on my eyes, and very Feng Shui in appearance.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
The cat thread.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4785 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Fairly reliable news source on relevant topics. Fairly reasonable thought content not tainted by political correctness or the liberal dogma of Silicon Valley. For the most part, people who believe in the founding principles of America.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arabiancowboy:...I’m sure it sounds ridiculous but I find the color schemes easy on my eyes, and very Feng Shui in appearance.

A few years ago I had an Acct student who came in the first day of class, noted the clock had the wrong time, said it ruined the Feng Shui, she couldn't deal with it, and dropped the class the same day. Smile

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
What I learn.

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Seems like one of the last corners of the world that hasn't lost its mind....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post

Making your way in the world today
Takes everything you've got;
Taking a break from all your worries
Sure would help a lot.
Wouldn't you like to get away?

Sometimes you want to go
Where everybody knows your name,
And they're always glad you came;
You want to be where you can see,
Our troubles are all the same;
You want to be where everybody knows your name.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
All the above

Plus the complimentary Frappe and ball gag I received at the waiver signing party.

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BrianC
posted Hide Post
That they allow people like us here. Wink

"Television is called a medium because nothing on it is well done." -- Fred Allen

Posts: 11139 | Location: Here. Now. | Registered: August 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post