SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What do you like best about this forum?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What do you like best about this forum? Login/Join 
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
The prescience. I mean, there's a thread that KNEW I was going to buy a Glock!

Posts: 3660 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Most of all the people. The scope of knowledge is nothing short of amazing. The generosity is remarkable. Moderation is great and Para keeps the pimp hand strong. Endless laughs and endless suggestions on how to spend my money. Along with a fetish for things that go bang I've developed fetishes for flashlights, sharp edged things and other cool, shiny gadgets.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
God will always provide
Picture of Fla. Jim
posted Hide Post
No BS is allowed!!!!!

Posts: 4410 | Location: White City, Florida | Registered: January 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
I have learned more cool stuff here then I can fathom. I spend way more time on Para’s site than anywhere else - even Amazon

Thanks to all.
Mike

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4224 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No Compromise
posted Hide Post
1) Generosity. Particularly from, you know who.
2) Knowledge. Particularly from * , * and from *. From everything to everything.
3) Family. Particularly from, too many people to mention here. They are listed on the main page.
4) Moderation. With the look and feel, with no ads, particularly from, you know who.
5) Free Buttsecks. Well, OK, maybe not free buttsecks, but the rest are great reasons to be here.
6) Many more things, 'n' stuff.

H&K-Guy

Posts: 3720 | Registered: April 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The audio books narrated by Para are just outstanding!

Posts: 2714 | Registered: March 22, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
The recipes!!!
And the advice on travels, and on general how tos, etiquette, how would you handle this, you name it. And that Para kicks assholes out.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5319 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
With a broad brush, simply the best place on the planet.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
The breadth and depth of knowledge from the membership and management.

The humor, the news aggregation and commentary, and the wide variety of discussion topics.

The lack of Ads, wide latitude of moderation, and simply observing - repeatedly - the generosity of many members, something I've seen metric tons of over the years (I almost never participate in someone's karma, but I love seeing them happen).

And mostly, the things we have in common despite our vastly varying backgrounds and opinions... namely a love for country, a real appreciation of the Second Amendment, and more, and without the Dude-Bro-MallNinja crap found in other similar-ish forums.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stupid
Allergy
Picture of dry-fly
posted Hide Post
The people for sure. I’ve met some great folks through this forum.

"Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway." Steve McQueen...

Posts: 6998 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: July 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by IndyRob:
I'm just here for the hookers, blow, dope and gay cake.

All of this, and no one here really judges me when I'm wearing a Unitard. Which I really thank you guys for... I'm sensitive.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8340 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never Go
Full Retard
Picture of MitchbSC
posted Hide Post
The restrooms are clean and gender-specific, with a family bathroom for those who can't decide.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do.

Posts: 4797 | Location: SC | Registered: January 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vast pool of knowledge, freely given.
Most postings are tolerant of differing opinions.
Great moderation.
I now buy Glocks. And admit it.
I enjoy cat photos. Way more than I used to.
Quite a few representatives from the manufacturers.
Ad free.
National in scope and sometimes international too.
The only downside: It often causes me to go broke.
I think it is the best firearms forum on the intergoogle.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16087 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Take the risk or
lose the chance
posted Hide Post
All of the above plus the occasional threat of being rickrolled.

Hell, I even learned the traffic patterns in Omaha last week.

----------------------------------------
“The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.”

Posts: 1475 | Location: RR12 | Registered: February 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post
I come in just to drool over someone else's steak or BBQ.

Posts: 1986 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone to the Dogs
Picture of tomgun
posted Hide Post
All the reasons listed already.
One specific thing that really made an impression on me was para not allowing the price gouging that was going on during the 2013 panic buying.
Every other forum I visit was allowing it.
I still mention it to friends who want to know about sigforum.
Really outstanding integrity on his part.

Posts: 1696 | Location: Lake Tapps, WA. | Registered: June 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of just1tym
posted Hide Post
The Humor, Wit, and Respectfulness, and of course....

Regards, Will G.

Posts: 9660 | Location: 140 mi to Margaritaville, FL | Registered: January 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
The breadth and depth of knowledge from the membership and management.

The humor, the news aggregation and commentary, and the wide variety of discussion topics.

The lack of Ads, wide latitude of moderation, and simply observing - repeatedly - the generosity of many members, something I've seen metric tons of over the years (I almost never participate in someone's karma, but I love seeing them happen).

And mostly, the things we have in common despite our vastly varying backgrounds and opinions... namely a love for country, a real appreciation of the Second Amendment, and more, and without the Dude-Bro-MallNinja crap found in other similar-ish forums.

Very well-said.

Totally agree.

------------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
Everyone here is >>>>>>>>>>SMOKING F***ING DOPE<<<<<<<<<<

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
The things I like most about this forum is the quality of the members and trust/camaraderie as a community, the leadership of Para and the admins to keep it consistent, and the incredible breadth of knowledge of our members.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post