SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone set up a survey on Surveymonkey?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone set up a survey on Surveymonkey? Login/Join 
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted
Thinking about getting the 20 people that work for me to do an unofficial job satisfaction survey.

I believe morale is decent, but want some anonymous answers. Hopefully there are some things I have the authority to adjust that would help in some cases.

Is the free surveymonkey account good for that? Looking at their site it appears to be.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11441 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Used it during school.

As I recall, only 100 participants are allowed in the free portion (100 respondents is typically not enough to get a valid result.)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14018 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Be ready for that dark horse who hates your guts and everything you do.

It's humorous, but there is always one who thinks you really really suck ass.

Which honestly isn't a bad thing, if you aren't pissing some people off, you aren't doing your job (or you work in that rare place where everyone is a real meat eater).

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

Which honestly isn't a bad thing, if you aren't pissing some people off, you aren't doing your job (or you work in that rare place where everyone is a real meat eater).

What he said ^^^

This is also another reason a larger sampling group is better, allows the surveyors to toss the outliers.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14018 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RHINOWSO:

An old boy I used to work with once told me, "You're no one around here 'til they write your name on the shithouse wall."

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5471 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
We use the paid version at work. It works well but I have zero experience with the free one.

I taught a class at work a few months back and used it for the student survey.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23047 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of caneau
posted Hide Post
It's easy enough to set up. You can also use Google Forms, it's even easier.

Posts: 5326 | Location: The Virginia side of DC | Registered: February 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post