SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Motorcycle guys - what is the equivalent of a UJM now?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Motorcycle guys - what is the equivalent of a UJM now? Login/Join 
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm biased but I think this is the ultimate modern UJM and arguably the best middleweight bike on the market. It's just a damn versatile bike with an absolute bulletproof engine that has been refined for almost two decades now. The power, MPGs, reliability and cost are just incredibly hard to beat. I miss the previous generations alloy frame but the newest version is quite easy on the eyes and does have a classic look.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Hey JHE888,

Honda just announced the naked CBR650 is finally coming to the USA. With its upright ergonomics and engine designed for midrange power over top end scream it is very much a modern UJM with a emphasis on sport. That header looks like it was plucked off a classic CB400F.

Cycle World write up on the CB650F

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
^ Oooh, I like that....
Still working on convincing the CFO that I should get a bike....

V-Tail's BMW K75S would still be near the top of the list, if it's still in his possession when that time comes.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15257 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would add any of the Kawasaki 650 twin, triplets. The 650R, Z650, or Versys.

Posts: 734 | Location: Tucson | Registered: May 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post