SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    people who reiterate way too frequently
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

people who reiterate way too frequently Login/Join 
posted
I can't provide an alibi about where I was, who I was with or even the time when it happened, I did not make a notation at the time.

At some point people decided to emphasis their message by saying the sentence over ...and over, and then once again .

I've noticed it happening more and more and now it's to the point of annoying.

It's almost as if they are pleading for you to hear it, and it's not uncommon for the third plea to be louder.

The man that the police took in to custody could NOT have committed what they said he did, he has never been in trouble ! , never been in trouble , never been in TROUBLE.

a lot of the time it happens during news interviews, for some reason

I just wish they would stop,few people , if any are impressed by repetition

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Isn't this a modern collegiate debate 'technique'?

It is the product of small minds.

Posts: 7250 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Can you say that again?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Dead_Eye
posted Hide Post
This may be in a different vein but I find that if I don't repeat myself the point will go right over someone's head most of the time. I know this because when I say something only once it either falls on deaf ears, is forgotten or was misheard/misunderstood. Unfortunately, I find out after the ball was dropped and the damage has already been done.

Today's society suffers from "in one ear, out the other" worse than any other IMO. People pay more attention to texting and emails because there's a record if they screw up. When something verbal comes along, it's almost perceived that it doesn't matter as much because it's he said she said. In the past if the boss told someone to do something they'll pay attention because if they screwed up they could be fired. Now it's as if an employer needs enough evidence to hand out a prison sentence to do the same. The same is true with teachers, parents and other authority figures.

Don't know if the gripe was about only people on the news but I'm just giving the other side for those of us who aren't in the news but are trying to get things done.

Beware the man who has one gun because he probably knows how to use it.

Posts: 368 | Location: Somplace with cold drinks and warm women | Registered: May 04, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
The POTUS does this often.

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3474 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
I can't provide an alibi about where I was, who I was with or even the time when it happened, I did not make a notation at the time.

At some point people decided to emphasis their message by saying the sentence over ...and over, and then once again .

I've noticed it happening more and more and now it's to the point of annoying.

It's almost as if they are pleading for you to hear it, and it's not uncommon for the third plea to be louder.

The man that the police took in to custody could NOT have committed what they said he did, he has never been in trouble ! , never been in trouble , never been in TROUBLE.

a lot of the time it happens during news interviews, for some reason

I just wish they would stop,few people , if any are impressed by repetition

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3596 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
^^^

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of HayesGreener
posted Hide Post
In the trainer's credo: "You tell 'em what you're gonna tell 'em, then you tell 'em, then you tell 'em what you told 'em." Because people only retain about 30% of what they hear

CMSGT USAF (Retired)
Chief of Police (Retired)

Posts: 4358 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: September 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But it can be done much more artfully.

Posts: 17136 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:
In the trainer's credo: "You tell 'em what you're gonna tell 'em, then you tell 'em, then you tell 'em what you told 'em." Because people only retain about 30% of what they hear

You're telling me.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
none of what I experienced was in any sort of training seminar or business class

Posts: 54602 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HayesGreener:

Whoa...flashbacks to Navy Instructor Training School, NAS Millington TN, 1980.

I taught an electronics Class "C" school for 4 years. Podium time was great, prep time was okay. Then I "put on the hat" and got kicked upstairs to Course Manager. That sucked.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hop head
Picture of lyman
posted Hide Post
District Manager I had at one time told me it took 7 times to get something to sink in,

my mother in law has a habit of telling anyone that will listen something 3 times, sometimes in the same sentence

https://www.chesterfieldarmament.com/

Posts: 10417 | Location: Beach VA,not VA Beach | Registered: July 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Managers at work are horrible about this. Every time I start to walk away they'll repeat whatever it was they said. "Yeah I heard you. I understand. Are we done?" The first time I say that they usually lock up for a minute. I know why they do it though. I'm no rocket surgeon but compared to most of the people I work with I feel pretty damn good about myself when I'm there.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers, get the papers.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Airpusher
posted Hide Post
I heard that...

A man is still only as good as his word

Posts: 220 | Location: Flowery Branch, Georgia | Registered: October 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big Grin
Jimmy two times Big Grin

you are a funny guy Big Grin