SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    2018 NCAA Football Survival Pool, Week 9
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2018 NCAA Football Survival Pool, Week 9 Login/Join 
Picture of jmtgsx
posted
Slim pickin's just got slimmer. More big upsets! Three more undefeateds lose, down to only 5 teams from which to choose.
Sigjacket's Ohio State pick leaves 6 players to advance to week 9.

Rules:
1) Pick one college FBS team per week. (Formerly known as Division 1)
2) The team you pick MUST BE UNDEFEATED AND PLAYING THIS WEEK.
3) Once you pick a team you MAY NOT PICK THEM AGAIN.
4) If your pick loses you're out. You only advance to the next week if your pick wins.
5) If you fail to pick in a given week, you're out.
6) Last player standing wins.
7) Picks must be posted in that week's thread.
8) If all the undefeated teams lose in a given week or no survivors can advance to the next week there is no tie breaker. If there is a tie, then I win.
9) Each succeeding week post your pick for that week as well as those of your previous picks.
Example:
Week 1: Penn State
Week 2: Clemson
Week 3: South Carolina
Week 4: Indiana
10) If you change a pick, don’t make a change in the original post just make a new post. I use the last post you make for your pick.
11) Be very clear with your pick. Follow the name format of ESPN Conference Standings
(i.e. OSU could be Ohio St., Oklahoma State, or Oregon State)
12) Schedule weeks are per ESPN. As moderator of the pool I will settle all disputes.
13) Keeping up with your picks is part of the game. If someone picks a team that has a loss or is not playing that week, don't feel it is your civic duty to point out the error of their ways.
14) Pick must be in thread before kickoff of your game.

Make your week 9 picks in this thread.

Redeemed!

Posts: 314 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SR025
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Utah
Week 2: Louisiana Tech
Week 3: Stanford
Week 4: North Texas
Week 5: UCF
Week 6: West Virginia
Week 7: University of South Florida
Week 8: Alabama
Week 9: Norte Dame

Posts: 840 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 04, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Buffalo
Week 2: Syracuse
Week 3: California
Week 4: Duke
Week 5: Colorado
Week 7: Notre Dame
Week 8: South Florida
Week 9: Clemson

Posts: 4277 | Location: Peoples Republic of Berkeley | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
I think it's time for jmtgsx as executive ruler and grand Poobah to make a call on what I predict as the outcome given the surprising number of upsets this year. I predict there'll be no last man standing but that 2 or more folks will run out of options to advance all at the same time. By Rule 8) I think that means jmt wins.

So, in that case will the plan be to chop the pot between any of you who picked correctly in the last week but there is not a remaining option for either of you, or does 100% go to jmt as organizer and rule maker extraordinaire?

I'm fine either way, I'll be out before then I'd bet!

Week 1: South Carolina
Week 2: Baylor
Week 3: Oregon
Week 4: Syracuse
Week 5: Cincinnati
Week 8: South Florida Bulls

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Mississippi State
Week 2: Boise State
Week 3: Kentucky
Week 4: Syracuse
Week 5: Oklahoma
Week 6: UCF
Week 8: South Florida

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Week 1: University of South Florida
Week 2: Oklahoma State University
Week 3: University of Cincinnati
Week 4: Syracuse University
Week 5: University of Georgia
Week 6: University of Central Florida
Week 7: The Ohio State University
Week 8: University of Alabama
Week9: University of Notre Dame

Posts: 1233 | Location: Ken-in-Tucky | Registered: June 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:
I think it's time for jmtgsx as executive ruler and grand Poobah to make a call on what I predict as the outcome given the surprising number of upsets this year. I predict there'll be no last man standing but that 2 or more folks will run out of options to advance all at the same time. By Rule 8) I think that means jmt wins.

So, in that case will the plan be to chop the pot between any of you who picked correctly in the last week but there is not a remaining option for either of you, or does 100% go to jmt as organizer and rule maker extraordinaire?

I'm fine either way, I'll be out before then I'd bet!

Rule 8 was really tongue in cheek to see if anyone ever reads the rules. Your generosity will be divided equally.

Redeemed!

Posts: 314 | Location: Broken Arrow, OK | Registered: December 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jmtgsx
posted Hide Post
Week 1: Kansas State
Week 2: Boise State
Week 3: Stanford
Week 4: Duke
Week 5: Cincinnati
Week 7: Alabama
Week 8: USF
Week 9: Notre Dame

Redeemed!

thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Ho hum.

This week has the potential to weed out some of us....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12402 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I hope so, because after this week I'm going to have nobody left to choose from.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post