SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    244th Birthday of the US Army.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

244th Birthday of the US Army. Login/Join 
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted
Today.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Indeed. I was in for seven of them.

27th Infantry / 21st Infantry / 125th Signal Battalion / 504th PIR / 82nd Signal Battalion

Many great experiences. Lots of life lessons.

------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Where's my cake? There is always cake.

Happy birthday, Army!

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
This will have to do for now...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Old Air Cavalryman
Picture of ARMT Guy
posted Hide Post
Oh.. I forgot they were going back to the WWII dress uniforms.

I had greens for my twenty-three plus years.

"Also I heard the voice of the Lord saying who shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, here am I, send me."

Posts: 7464 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARMT Guy:
Oh.. I forgot they were going back to the WWII dress uniforms.

Yep, they brought back the "pinks and greens". Adopted November 2018, and started rolling out in small numbers earlier this year.

Still using the blues for formal/ceremonial dress. P&G is service dress.

Posts: 32431 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Happy Birthday Army!

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
I gave them 2 years. They helped me grow up and for that I'm thankful.

Lets see, Trumps birthday, flag day and Army's anniversary on the same day. Puts a lump in my throat. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Happy birthday from this old Navy dude.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30547 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fly High, A.J.
Picture of tk13
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:

27th Infantry / 21st Infantry / 125th Signal

Must have been in the 25th ID at Schofield Barracks? I was there from March 85-February 89. Did time in B 1/5 Infantry, which was later restructured as B 3/21 Infantry and the 71st Chemical Co.

Posts: 1645 | Location: Suffolk, VA | Registered: March 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Proud Army vet here and I always post it on FB, the Army Song on the Army’s Birthday.

Those awesome retro WWII style uniforms make me want to join back up, they’re so classic and iconic.

I was in during the era of the forest green Class A uniform which were decent but I’m glad I was long gone by the time they forced that awful “Dress Blues as a Class A” crap on the troops. The white shirt looked like total shit on 99% of them. Confused

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
HB2U
HB2U
HB, our Army
HB2U!

And keep those caissons rolling!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the reminder.
I always felt it was unfortunate that the Army didn’t have the same respect and emphasis on traditions as the Marine Corps. The “birthday” is of course a very big deal for the Marines, but I don’t recall hearing more than a mention of the founding date of the Army during my 23 years of active duty.

When 14 June gets any attention, it’s more likely because it’s also Flag Day (as evidenced by posts here); that’s nice, but if it hadn’t been for the Army there would have been no United States flag today.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47367 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post