SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Protester at Jordan Peterson lecture arrested while carrying a garrotte
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Protester at Jordan Peterson lecture arrested while carrying a garrotte Login/Join 
Picture of lkdr1989
posted
This was in Kingston, Ontario; did this leftist think they were a french resistance fighter on a mission to assassinate a Nazi?

Does anyone know what the circled sign in the first picture really means...I interpret it to mean that diversity = tokenism...if that's the case the sign writer is an idiot.

quote:

Protester who shattered window at Jordan Peterson lecture found to be carrying a garrotte

A woman who protested a controversial lecture that took place at Queen’s University on Monday is facing numerous charges from Kingston Police.

Jordan Peterson, a University of Toronto psychology professor, stopped at Queen’s as part of a tour to support his bestselling book 12 Rules for Life: An Antidote to Chaos. The lecture he gave was titled The Rising Tide of Compelled Speech in Canada.

Peterson has been criticized for refusing direction to use nongender pronouns as well as opposing Bill C-16, which extends legal protections to transgender people. His critics have accused him of promoting far-right, racist, homophobic and Islamophobic ideas.

About 150 protesters gathered outside Grant Hall while Peterson gave his lecture that started at about 4:30 p.m.

People protesting speaker Jordan Peterson gathered at Queen’s University on Monday, March 6, 2018. Elliot Ferguson

At about 5:15 p.m. a woman, who isn’t a Queen’s student, stood on one of the building’s window ledges. Police said in their news release that she then started to bang on the window causing it break. The woman cut her hand, but fled the scene. She was stopped by officers dressed in plain clothing at University Avenue and Stuart Street.

When the officers identified themselves the woman started to yell and resisted arrest by trying to pull away, police said. Once handcuffed the woman became violent and started kicking one officer. Additional officers responded to take the woman to police headquarters, but on the way there she tried to kick out the cruiser’s window.

Once at police headquarters the woman refused to walk on her own and continued to be uncooperative. Police said that she bit one of the officers and had to be physically carried into her cell as she continued to be violent.

Police searched her backpack and inside they found a weapon inside. Commonly known as a garrote, the weapon consists of metal wire with handles on each end.

A 38-year-old local woman has been charged by police with mischief, assaulting police, possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose, and for carrying a concealed weapon. She was held in police custody to attend a bail court.

http://edmontonjournal.com/new...a2-a24a-e049fe405c69

This message has been edited. Last edited by: lkdr1989,

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
terrible things
?
Maybe trimming a tree limb??

I don't normally carry in backpack, but do have one on my pegboard at home, ready for rapid assassinations I guess....

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12411 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have been watch Jordan B Peterson videos off youtube almost nonstop for a couple weeks.

REVOLUTIONARY GENIUS!

I am sure he would not consider himself a revoltionary genius, since everything he says is just "thoughtful common sense". But his extensive education, experience, and ability to bring the reasoning to bear FROM EVERY ANGLE are truly genius.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.
In particular "The Biblical Series". Keep in mind that I am not a Christian, and neither does Peterson consider himself a Christian. But the truth is there!

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
What's that word in that sign? Valveing? I'm assuming that idiot meant "valuing."

I mean Jesus, how do you expect to be taken seriously when you write like a first grader?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
At the event in the OP, the protesters put on their usual shit show, (at least) one of them banging on and breaking a stained glass window.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3RilH1oyrI

Within 48 hours of the Peterson talk, protestors at a talk by Christina Hoff Sommers tried to, and ultimately did shut her free speech down.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2E5aQ7yb8

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
Maybe she works for SMERSH

SMERt' SHpionam!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMaZOltXxhc

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Georgeair:

I don't normally carry in backpack, but do have one on my pegboard at home, ready for rapid assassinations I guess....

I travel with one in my backpack. In fact I fly with it regularly.

I don't however walk around with one in my pocket, at least not typically.

ETA: I missed the part where she had this in a backpack.

So have I been carrying around a concealed, dangerous weapon onto airplanes and anywhere else I happen to be with my backpack? How would you convince a police officer that it's not a weapon but part of your survival gear? I guess I better not go around breaking windows and resisting arrest.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30403 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
How would you convince a police officer that it's not a weapon

Tell them you're a dentist on your way to provide free dental care at a Willie Nelson concert and it's the necessary gauge and grit dental floss.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
Isn't "valveing marginalized people" subsidizing sex change operations or something? I'm pretty sure Bradley Manning has at least one more valve than he went into prison with.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
North America is crawling with fascists-- on the left.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11107 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Does anyone know what the circled sign in the first picture really means...I interpret it to mean that diversity = tokenism...if that's the case the sign writer is an idiot.

[QUOTE]
Protester who shattered window at Jordan Peterson lecture found to be carrying a garrotte

Not for sure. “Diversity and Inclusion also known as tokenism”

I can only guess that this person wants ALL positions, promotions...filled by women, minorities, LGBTUVW, and whatever new oppressed group-of-the-week comes along. No promotions, scholarships, awards, etc. to white males. That’s just a guess...obviously

The sign the leftist in question carries further states “valueing [sic] and defending marginalized people.” That would seem to further support my guess.

Posts: 13253 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Tell them you're a dentist on your way to provide free dental care at a Willie Nelson concert and it's the necessary gauge and grit dental floss.

Big Grin

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15220 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rusbro:
Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ha2E5aQ7yb8

I was in that classroom for Conflicts of Law just before her speech was scheduled to start.

The blond adult with glasses and purple sweater, who is following the student around trying to get her to stop chanting, is both my Conflicts of Law professor and the Dean of Faculty.

Posts: 17733 | Registered: August 12, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of EasyFire
posted Hide Post
Cheese slicer?

EasyFire [AT] zianet.com
----------------------------------
NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
Colorado Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
Nationwide Agent for >
US LawShield > https://www.texaslawshield.com...p.php?promo=ondemand
CCW Safe > www.ccwsafe.com/CCHPI

Posts: 1441 | Location: Denver Area Colorado | Registered: December 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
Are they sure she wasn't a millenial refugee from the US?

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EasyFire:
Cheese slicer?

Bed Bath and Beyond sells concealed garrotes.

Fante's Uncle Paolo's Stainless Steel Wire Cheese Slicer

https://www.bedbathandbeyond.c...e-cheese-slicer.html

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13399 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Snapping Twig
posted Hide Post
Easier to carry a roll of dimes and a couple socks.

Double up the socks and only put the dimes in if it's needed, separate they are innocuous. Combined, it's a mace.

Why we let these fascist protestors get away with their crimes is a mystery to me.

Water cannon, mass arrests, etc.

Posts: 2831 | Registered: May 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:

It looks like it's supposed to be a bad version of the Drake Meme. The top is supposed to be Drake waving off something that is usually considered common sense and the bottom is supposed to be him accepting something silly or ridiculous.

There is a common saying among "memers" that applies here "The left can't meme". It's proven over and over and every time they try to be clever, they end up making bigger fools of themselves.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

It looks like it's supposed to be a bad version of the Drake Meme. The top is supposed to be Drake waving off something that is usually considered common sense and the bottom is supposed to be him accepting something silly or ridiculous.

There is a common saying among "memers" that applies here "The left can't meme". It's proven over and over and every time they try to be clever, they end up making bigger fools of themselves.

Protest posters are a bad place for lack of clarity and obscure nuance. I wonder if the poster writer is English or other challenged. Trying to figure it out ls like trying to understand libs and makes me feel dirty.

Posts: 7453 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
quote:

Protest posters are a bad place for lack of clarity and obscure nuance. I wonder if the poster writer is English or other challenged. Trying to figure it out ls like trying to understand libs and makes me feel dirty.
They just think they're being super clever but it turns out that they are making fun of their own ideas.

Posts: 45373 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post