SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Academy Awards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Academy Awards Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
Like most members here, I won't be watching, but I know that these people are going to go ape shit over President Trump, and I hope they give it everything they have, because it is to the benefit of the American people. One billion people watching? Let the light of Truth shine on these incredibly stupid and self-centered actors.

I'll be looking forward to the highlights of the evening.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107498 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Agreed.

Keep digging that grave!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38646 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Report This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I won't. Sorry, but I really don't give a shit. I'm aware of their views and don't share them.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18387 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Report This Post
Picture of Yellow Jacket
posted Hide Post
Well, I guess I won't be one of the one billion watching.

In the greater scheme of what's important in the world, the Academy Awards ranks in the very bottom.

God's mercy: NOT getting what we deserve!
God's grace: Getting what we DON'T deserve!

"If the enemy is in range, so are you." - Infantry Journal

Bob
P239 40 S&W
Endowment NRA
Viet Nam '69-'70

Posts: 1099 | Location: Fayette County, GA | Registered: April 14, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Very pleased as well to see that the president won't be attending the correspondents dinner this spring.

-------------

The sadder but wiser girl for me.

Posts: 1056 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: July 18, 2005Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rburg:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Sorry, but I really don't give a shit. I'm aware of their views and don't share them.
You cared enough to open the thread, and you're missing my point.

St. Vitus
Dance Instructor
Picture of blueye
posted Hide Post
I won't be watching. Tired of the political bullshit they will add to their acceptance speech.

Posts: 5300 | Location: basement | Registered: April 06, 2007Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Very few here will be watching, and my hope is that every sentence uttered tonight on stage contains 'Trump' at least three times.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I didn't watch them, even before they got so political.
Always was a bunch of narcissists patting themselves on the back.

Posts: 9493 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I love film and I used to watch the Oscars each year. It's out of the question now, of course. It has been for quite some time.

Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
posted Hide Post
To me Hollywood died with Duke, Jimmy Stewart, Clark Gable, that whole generation was the real Hollywood. I haven't been to the movies since my kids were small, don't even watch them on tv, don't share most of their views so I don't give them my money.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Watching self centered spoiled people adore themselves.
I hope it's ok but I'll pass.

posted Hide Post
A bunch of self-important people acting....well self-important. How entertaining Roll Eyes

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The Academy Awards - when Hollywood pats it's self on the back for making crappy movies.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I recall a time many years ago being interested in the Academy Awards enough to tune in to see who won what. But yeah, that time is long past. The unbearable politics and overt PC nonsense is so prevalent now that the awards themselves have become secondary.

It really would be a chore to sit through that broadcast nowadays.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
posted Hide Post
For centuries, Traveling Minstrels were sources of news and entertainment for the world when it was isolated and insular. At the same time, they were also recognized as being thieves, con-artists and worse, and mistrusted because of this. They were welcomed only until their performances were complete, and displaced from Society with the introduction of modern communication.

Hollywood is at the stage in history where they have lost their ability to entertain the greater part of the population. They haven't realized it yet, but we have no further use for Traveling Minstrels.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9144 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Ugg, 'Award season' is upon us, and thus, the self-congratulatory, self-absorbed, presumptuous miasma works its way through the airwaves.

Posts: 14634 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I haven't watched in years. The only thing I care about I can learn in 30 seconds tomorrow morning by scanning the list of winners. The rest is frankly boring as shit, regardless of what they have to say in their speeches.

Posts: 2479 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Report This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Would not waste my time watching these overpaid, politically naive, self-serving, pompous a**hats.

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post