SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Assessment skills testing leads to a interview !
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assessment skills testing leads to a interview ! Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
I did my skills tests yesterday for a position at a good company, which makes landing gear and braking systems for aircraft. Two, timed tests, the first on patterns which I only completed 1/3 of in 20 minutes, the 2nd had all manner of questions on hydrolics, pneumatics, safety, machining, electronics and precision measuring. Givin 45 minutes, I completed in 30. Some of my answers were winging it but I bet were close. They are sent out for gradeing and it takes up to 48 hours for returns. One day later they are back and I got the interview Thursday morning. Pretty excited because I just aint a logistics worker and am surrounded by mega warehousing here. I saw some cut away models of the braking systems and they are complex but beautifully machined. I may well be machining rims for the 777 jet. Man I'm feeling good today. Wish me luck.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Best of luck! Knock it out of the park!

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
All the best for the interview.
Let us know how it goes.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Go get ‘em!

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I drew a complete blank on a metrc equivilant question of 51mm... Big Grin. About banged my head later as it came to me. What the hell kind of rusty am I ? I still left the company with a smile.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe that was a trick question, they wanted to see if you are a gun guy! Big Grin

Jim

Posts: 1338 | Location: Northern Michigan | Registered: September 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good luck. Hope all goes in your favor.

A Perpetual Disappointment...

Posts: 2735 | Location: BFE, Ohio | Registered: August 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congrats
That is awesome.
I have always been interested in that field but my brain just do not work that way.

I think I failed the test just reading your post.

Good Luck

Posts: 1836 | Location: In NC trying to get back to VA | Registered: March 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a bigger boat
Picture of CaptainMike
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I drew a complete blank on a metrc equivilant question of 51mm... Big Grin. About banged my head later as it came to me. What the hell kind of rusty am I ? I still left the company with a smile.

Only reason I know this answer is I just ordered $700,000 of 2" anchor Chain.

MOO means NO! Be the comet!

Posts: 2769 | Location: The Tidewater. VCOA. | Registered: June 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Keeping fingers crossed for you, my friend.

Q

Posts: 26350 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

Metric equivalent? 5.1cm. Or English/standard/whatever they call it equivalent? I’d have to do math, but 2.54cm = 25.4mm, which sounds a lot like half of 51mm. Smile

Posts: 6914 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
Good luck.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That’s good to hear! Best of luck!

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Avoiding
slam fires
Picture of 45 Cal
posted Hide Post
I hope it comes thru for you.

Posts: 22409 | Location: Georgia | Registered: February 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nicely done. I hope it goes very well.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
Awesome! Best of luck to you!

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Thank you all. I will report back with how it goes.

Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
That's awesome! best of luck!

Posts: 5130 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of whododat
posted Hide Post
Nice job. Good luck!

Because son, it is what you are supposed to do.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Escaped to TN | Registered: October 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Good job and Good luck to you! I spent 38 years in the aerospace and defense industry. It was interesting work and good to me.

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post