SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Haircut???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Haircut??? Login/Join 
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Glad I gave that haircut nonsense up decades ago.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
I've been cutting my hair for at least the last 20 years. I use Oster 76 clippers about twice a month. Sometimes I'll leave a little on the top and cut it high and tight on the back/sides but most of the time I'll just buzz it all one length. The beard rarely gets touched but I have some cordless Panasonic clippers for when I do trim it down.

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rev. A. J. Forsyth
posted Hide Post
I get my haircut every 2 weeks, I have a standing appointment on Thursday afternoon. I enjoy the experience and it makes me feel good. I'm just letting it all go during this BS. Growing a disgusting "molestache" (as my wife calls it) while I'm at it. Haven't left the house in weeks.

Posts: 1639 | Location: Winston-Salem  | Registered: April 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mkueffer:
I'm in this for the Einstein hair!

Bit of the ol' Ludwig Van, myself Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joel9507,

Posts: 15001 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
Haircut? I’m going for the Rip Van Winkle look.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Parenthetically, I stopped combing my hair in 1992.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brazos Dan:
I recieved my cordless clippers from Amazon last Friday, watched a couple of you-tube tutorials and did the deed. My wife and I were totally surprised how well it turned out! Kinda fun. Can't wait for it to grow enough to trim it again.

After the Wuhan Corona is over... it'll be interesting to see how many people stay with the "do-it-yourself" approach to cutting their own hair. Just based on this thread, probably quite a few won't go back to the salons.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23943 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Thought about letting my hair get long again but figured while neither, I'm a better barber than plumber.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Uppity Helot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Brazos Dan:
I recieved my cordless clippers from Amazon last Friday, watched a couple of you-tube tutorials and did the deed. My wife and I were totally surprised how well it turned out! Kinda fun. Can't wait for it to grow enough to trim it again.

Some very well might, but I will happily return to the barber when this madness ends.

Posts: 3128 | Location: Manheim, PA | Registered: September 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
^^^^ Same here. No way I can cut my hair the way the barber does.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
I just called my barber on her cell phone. Her shop has been closed for two weeks, and she’s hurting – looking for a job. She’ll do house calls, for a price. I’ll have to get shaggier before I take that option. I feel sorry for both of us, but more for her.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8854 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Must be one helluva tangled mess!

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
Brad

Nice to see you back.

With Davis Monthan on lockdown I can’t get on base to get a cut so I am starting to look a bit hippie. Another month and it will be John Denver length

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53085 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Must be one helluva tangled mess!

Haha Big Grin I keep it short short. When it looks like it needs combed, Mes DF runs the clippers over it. Kinda like maintaining landscape at the putting green.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29607 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
I’m gonna grow my hair down to my feet so strange
So I look like a walking mountain range
And I’m gonna ride into Omaha on a horse
Out to the country club and the golf course
Carry The New York Times, shoot a few holes, blow their minds

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pennsylvania closed my Barber Shop until the pandemic is over.

Two things bring me to tears. The unconditional Love of God,the service of the United States Military,past,present,and future.

I would rather meet
a slick-sleeve private,
than a hollywood star!

Posts: 2334 | Registered: February 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
No problem here. I live within 5-6 miles of probably 50-100 Amish barbers. Big Grin

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5680 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
I always go to a kick ass barber. Guy is a 1% biker gang type guy and the conversation is the best conversation to be had anywhere!! That being said, I busted out the clippers and buzzed my head last night. I'll probably be buzzing my own hair for a couple of months.

Posts: 6660 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Krazeehorse:
No problem here. I live within 5-6 miles of probably 50-100 Amish barbers. Big Grin

We are surrounded by Amish. I wonder if they all use the same bowl?

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post