SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Haircut???
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Haircut??? Login/Join 
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

or

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16120 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Shaved head saves shampoo.

Q

Posts: 26352 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
You can't buy clippers anywhere. Sold out everywhere.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The covid-19 haircut is a real thing!

I just took my beard trimmer to my head and shaved it off. Figured I'm not gonna see anyone outside of family for a while and if it looked goofy, it would grow back.

It looked fine, has already grown back in pretty nicely.

I will be getting a proper buzzer for my head.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Bought a Wahl home clipper kit about 15 years ago but my wife, who used to cut my hair just with scissors, was afraid to use it.
Got it out again, clipped the sides and back myself with #4 guide, then she cut the top and feathered in the sides with scissors.
Looks pretty darn good, too bad no one around to impress!

Posts: 18044 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:

No shortage online.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fwbulldog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Nismo:
quote:
Originally posted by fwbulldog:

No shortage online.

Really? Send me a link. Something that doesn't deliver in the May time-frame.

Posts: 3015 | Location: Round Rock | Registered: February 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
#2 guard, DIY, no problem. I do it when my wig splitter is on vacay.

+1 (or 1000, as the case may be).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yah, I am starting to look like David Crosby from Crosby Stills & Nash. And not the young version either.

It's all about clean living. Just do the right thing, and karma will help with the rest.

Posts: 1113 | Location: The Republic of Texas | Registered: April 11, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The cake is a lie!
Picture of Nismo
posted Hide Post
This is what I use. Delivery April 2-3rd for Prime members. I bought these last year for under $80, so looks like they are taking advantage of the situation.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...A2P5I4NW0QQAX1&psc=1

I was wrong about having no shortage online after looking a bit further on other brands, but they are out there in all price ranges, that are not super long delivery times.

Posts: 7422 | Location: CA | Registered: April 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I couldn't wait any longer so I drove by Great Clips the other day during a rare trip to town. Place was open but empty. Two girls on duty, no customers so I went in and got a cut.

I figure it was a pretty low risk, only one case of the V in our county confirmed so far. Hand sanitizer before and after.

They charged 2 bucks more than usual though Roll Eyes Got to pay for all that extra cleaning they are doing that they should be doing anyway.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
The Mrs. watched a couple of YouTube “How to cut hair” videos and did mine, with my beard trimmer and scissors. It came out just fine!

Difficult times call for difficult measures.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10489 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Before I retired I worked with a very neat and tidy black guy, with the normal tight curly hair that he kept about 3/8 inch long. Process engineer, always the best dressed guy in the place. Very cool guy to work with, very smart and I wasn't surprised when he was promoted to head of R&D and moved to corporate.

Anyway...
He told me once that he got two hair cuts a week. Well, one hair cut and one "line", basically what it sounds like... trimming the edges and a neck shave.
I wonder if he is still doing that now...

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
About a month ago I asked my wife to cut mine with an older set of clippers we had. I had been paying $16 to go in and get mine knocked down with a #5. She did fine but the clipers were pretty old and dull so I bought a cordless set of 2 on Amazon for $59. I just checked and they're now $139. We cut mine outside yesterday and there was no floor sweeping to do.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15477 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scooter123:
I've been cutting my hair since I was in College, sometime around 1974. IT took me about 3 years before I got good enough that I didn't look like Mo from the 3 stooges...

I admire your perseverance! Three years walking around looking like Mo!?!

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rtquig
posted Hide Post
I cut my own hair for the last 15 years. Since being home with the Stay in Place 3 weeks ago I stopped shaving altogether. In school I kept my hair and beard trimmed short. Now, I don't give a crap.

Living the Dream

Posts: 4015 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: December 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Still shave, but not on weekends, got the hair cut just before the big Corona scare.

Figure I'll let it grow until it drives me nuts maybe do a mullet aka Joe Dirt! wooo!

Posts: 23403 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
Gov of Tennessee Monday ordered barber shops and hair salons close for two weeks starting at noon Tuesday.

Guess I got mine done just in time.

I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Been cutting my own for about 9 years now. I just buzz it with no guard. My hair grows quick and I don't like long hair, bad combination. I cut it once a week most of the year but over the "winter" here I might go 10 days between cuts. It's just too hot to keep long hair here. I'm on my 3rd set of clippers. First set was given to me by a Soldier who was upgrading his. Those pooped then I bought a corded set, used that for a while before going cordless.

With me cutting my hair once a week, I estimate I have saved thousands of dollars in hair cuts.

Posts: 13097 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post