SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Philando Castile case - Officer "not guilty". Protesters....blocking traffic...again.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Philando Castile case - Officer "not guilty". Protesters....blocking traffic...again. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
Minnesotans better keep their powder dry. The savages will be out in full force soon.

Definitely not a good time to be exploring the downtown areas of Minneapolis/St Paul or the site of the shooting after dark for the next few weeks.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
And they immediately fired him!!
Or as they put it offered a voluntary separation package. No details of the package. I would take no less than 5 million and paid healthcare for the family.

https://bluelivesmatter.blue/o...ez-fired-st-anthony/

Next up, Ray Tensing in Cincinnati. Verdict will be next week on that.
Already had 1 hung jury.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Report This Post
100% Sea-Moose
posted Hide Post
I'm seriously waiting for the city to explode......any BLM demonstrations "scheduled"?

Posts: 301 | Location: Manchester, NH | Registered: February 06, 2015Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Next up, Ray Tensing in Cincinnati. Verdict will be next week on that.
Already had 1 hung jury.

You also have the one in Milwaukee finishing up.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Picture of ShouldBFishin
posted Hide Post
They're now blocking I-94 in both directions...

Posts: 1799 | Location: MN | Registered: March 29, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Just when I take my AK out of my trunk,
I have to put it back in!

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Shit is getting ugly. Riot police are warning protesters who have BLOCKED 94 East/West in St. Paul.

What is funny is that the Iron Maiden concert is about to get out just a mile away...yeah, fired up Maiden fans are the type who will cooperate with these idiots.

I cannot even imagine how fucking pissed I would be if I came out of that show and found 94 to be blocked.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
ALways interesting to me that protests like this have significantly more white paid protesters than black.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
its going to be interesting to see Mas Ayoob's coverage of this shooting.

So who will they sue to get 3 million dollars?

if anyone has an actual website that details the facts as the jury heard them , I'd be interested in the link

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Glad the officer was found not guilty.

Posts: 1546 | Registered: October 30, 2010Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I agree with the verdict - he made a mistake but it didn't amount to criminal behavior. I also agree with the firing. At the end of the day, it was poor judgment and it cost someone his life. I wouldn't want him on my police force.

Posts: 6061 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I agree with the verdict - he made a mistake but it didn't amount to criminal behavior. I also agree with the firing. At the end of the day, it was poor judgment and it cost someone his life. I wouldn't want him on my police force.

This sums up my thoughts perfectly.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't square a statement like this. So most of us believe that this was a bad shoot (I certainly do), but the officer (former officer) doesn't deserve some type of punishment, especially when that mistake costs a man his life?

This officer does not have the temperament to be in a uniform, and I just thank god it wasn't me who he pulled over that day. Has this former officer ever encountered a lawful concealed carry holder before while on duty? How did he react in that case if he did? I'd be curious to that.

As a fellow CCW holder, I believe he belongs in jail. But that's just my opinion. Obviously the jury saw evidence that made them believe the contrary.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
These cases always go to motive. I can believe Yanez did believe his life was in danger (even if he was factually incorrect), and Castile actually had a gun. That's all that's necessary for a acquittal in this type of case. I've seen worse police shooting get acquittals. Remember the Amadou Diallo case in NYC? He was shot for pulling out his wallet. At least here there was no question the deceased had a gun.

quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

I can't square a statement like this. So most of us believe that this was a bad shoot (I certainly do), but the officer (former officer) doesn't deserve some type of punishment, especially when that mistake costs a man his life?

This officer does not have the temperament to be in a uniform, and I just thank god it wasn't me who he pulled over that day. Has this former officer ever encountered a lawful concealed carry holder before while on duty? How did he react in that case if he did? I'd be curious to that.

As a fellow CCW holder, I believe he belongs in jail. But that's just my opinion. Obviously the jury saw evidence that made them believe the contrary.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Report This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Yes, my understanding is that the law favored Yanez in this case. By the rule of law then, this was the correct verdict.

Unlike other cases though, this acquittal doesn't exactly make me want to celebrate it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Report This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
And I'll bet Yanez was the most qualified guy they hired out of his group, too. Roll Eyes

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NerdRage80:
I'm seriously waiting for the city to explode......any BLM demonstrations "scheduled"?

They are currently downtown now.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
They really need to do something to reign in the thugs that do these "marches". Blocking traffic and burning buildings is criminal. Riot police should just take one of those armored trucks and smash these turds.

Posts: 2188 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: February 25, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I just caught up on everything in the thread.

Glad to see some of you are comfortable calling good and bad behavior from the comforts of the keyboard after reading newspaper articles on the circumstances.

A jury of his peers found him "not guilty". Just food for thought the people who had the accurate accounts and testimony.

Posts: 373 | Registered: September 05, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
are the days of shoot, no shoot practice scenarios , long gone for police officers?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post