SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Philando Castile case - Officer "not guilty". Protesters....blocking traffic...again.
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Philando Castile case - Officer "not guilty". Protesters....blocking traffic...again. Login/Join 
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Shit is getting ugly. Riot police are warning protesters who have BLOCKED 94 East/West in St. Paul.

What is funny is that the Iron Maiden concert is about to get out just a mile away...yeah, fired up Maiden fans are the type who will cooperate with these idiots.

I cannot even imagine how fucking pissed I would be if I came out of that show and found 94 to be blocked.

That's why you should install a bumper such as this one on the front of your truck:

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
Colin Flaherty has a video up with Castile's mother doing her post trial video. Warning, NSFW or small children:

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:
Colin Flaherty has a video up with Castile's mother doing her post trial video. Warning, NSFW or small children:

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Well, I've discovered that he was Black, so that pretty much dispels any fears he might be a relative. (Not conclusive, but a very good bet.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
^ ^ ^ ^ So, you're saying the lady in Flaherty's video is NOT your aunt? Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jsbcody:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/-VMNUfFSs_U" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Watch the video, listen to the filth coming out of that female, and see if you don't want to just eradicate the words "fuck" and "shit" from your own vocabulary - just so you won't ever sound anything like that ignorant piece of trash. Roll Eyes

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10696 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
The thread title needs to change to:

"What SUV tires are best for mud, snow, and protester bodies! "
Some real world side by testing of course!
And stop calling her a mother....nothing maternal there at all....seminal incubator seems proper.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4561 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Report This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Watch the video, listen to the filth coming out of that female, and see if you don't want to just eradicate the words "fuck" and "shit" from your own vocabulary - just so you won't ever sound anything like that ignorant piece of trash. Roll Eyes
Hey dude, go easy on a fellow forum member's possible aunt! Big Grin

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Report This Post
Picture of tgtshuter
posted Hide Post
Ugh...I listened to about 10 seconds of that woman's tirade, and I couldn't stand "no moe". Frown

Posts: 711 | Location: SC, USA | Registered: October 09, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
are the days of shoot, no shoot practice scenarios , long gone for police officers?

I'm sure he had that in his P.O.S.T. academy classes, but he was in the mindset of his more recent "Bulletproof Warrior" class from 2014. I wonder if the sponsors of that course will be named in the civil suit.

Posts: 8944 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Unhyphenated American
Picture of Floyd D. Barber
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:

Aunt Seine Nuffin?

__________________________________________________________________________________
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Always remember that others may hate you but those who hate you don't win unless you hate them. And then you destroy yourself.
Richard M Nixon

It's nice to be important, it's more important to be nice.
Billy Joe Shaver

NRA Life Member

Posts: 7353 | Location: Between the Moon and New York City. | Registered: November 27, 2011Report This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
Interesting grammatic formulation there, mom: "My mother-fuckin' son..."

Eewww.

Posts: 6354 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I'm betting she raised good, straight laced, god fearing, law abiding kids in all respects.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37931 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
quote:
She definitely is NOT my aunt, nor a close relative of any type. I personally knew all of my aunts and uncles and grandparents and cousins, and she is not among them. My original concern was because "Castile" is a variant spelling of my surname, and the family is very widespread and prolific. However, although it is possible that there are some Blacks in the family somewhere, I don't know of any and I've done a lot of genealogical research.

I think the chances of that b..ch being related to me are virtually infinitesimal (and also her son). (I am relieved.)

Jim Shugart, those words are not part of my lexicon--I don't use any expletives in my speech. The worst you'll ever hear from me are "drat", "darn", "fooey", and "heck". If I injure myself, I yell "OW!" (multiple times).

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Alea iacta est
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Shit is getting ugly. Riot police are warning protesters who have BLOCKED 94 East/West in St. Paul.

What is funny is that the Iron Maiden concert is about to get out just a mile away...yeah, fired up Maiden fans are the type who will cooperate with these idiots.

I cannot even imagine how fucking pissed I would be if I came out of that show and found 94 to be blocked.

They better knock that shit off before I have to go through that way with a truck full of guns on the way to SD.. 4 Low, baby, 4 Low.

Posts: 15665 | Location: Location, Location  | Registered: April 09, 2012Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Dashcam video has been released.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...qyk&feature=youtu.be

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Fuck.

That was fast.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12305 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Not going to Monday morning quarterback the officer's guilt or innocence, but Philando is solely responsible for his own demise because he opted to play the dumb ass card. Had he simply behaved like an even reasonably intelligent human being and cooperated, he'd still be here today.

And momma, well she's a huge shining example of the failure of our educational system. Hey momma, where's daddy? Do you even know? Stick a sock in it!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bigdeal,

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
This video was posted by Colin Flaherty:

At 1:17 mark similar to the above Yanez video but no shots fired. In this video it looks liked the driver was trying to get shot but cop used good tactics.

Posts: 3909 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
For the case at hand I can see where there was stupidity/confusion/poor communication. According to a report I heard tonight, Castile handed the officer his insurance, but not his license. If that's true, he was probably next reaching for his license. The LEO hears "I have a firearm," and Castile starts reaching for his license. The LEO thinks he's reaching for his gun, says "don't pull it out, don't pull it out! Castile thinks, "I'm not, I'm getting my license," and then he's dead.

Maybe the officer should have said "hands on the wheel NOW" or something similar, but Castile should have understood the gravity of the situation and been more in tune to what was happening and what the officer was thinking.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Report This Post