SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Canada's Trudeau corrects woman for using 'mankind' at town hall
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Canada's Trudeau corrects woman for using 'mankind' at town hall Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2...nd-at-town-hall.html

Canada's Trudeau corrects woman for using 'mankind' at town hall

By Ryan Gaydos | Fox News

Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau corrected a woman on her language when she asked a question during a town hall Friday.

The unidentified woman asked Trudeau whether the Canadian government could ease regulations on volunteering with religious organizations, according to the Washington Free Beacon.

"So, that’s why we came here today to ask you, to also look into the policies that religious charitable organizations have in our legislation so that it can also be changed because maternal love is the love that’s going to change the future of mankind,” said the woman, who was reportedly affiliated with the World Mission Society Church of God.

Trudeau immediately corrected her.

“We like to say ‘peoplekind,' not necessarily ‘mankind,' because it’s more inclusive,” he said.

The crowd clapped after Trudeau’s comments.

The Canadian government has cracked down on language inclusivity over the last week.

Canada’s Senate passed a bill Thursday to make the country’s national anthem gender neutral. The bill changes the second line of “O Canada” from “true patriot love, in all thy sons command” to “in all of us command.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
What an asshole!

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Oh dear Lord how obvious the slippage from grace is.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14038 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More like "oy vey" Canada!

Mongo only pawn in game of life...

Posts: 683 | Location: DFW | Registered: August 15, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Poacher
posted Hide Post
Takling the important issues Roll Eyes

NRA Life Member

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Teddy Roosevelt

Posts: 2242 | Location: Newnan, GA USA | Registered: January 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
that wasn't very "kind" of him.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Did he just engage in mansplaining?!? Somebody needs to correct him stat.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15717 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
The loons have taken over the bin...

I'm afraid I wouldn't do well in such surroundings. My gut response (Fuck you, how's that for inclusive?) would probably slip out before my sense of self-preservation asserted itself.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15228 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
Definition of mankind(according to Merriam-Webster)

\ˈman-ˈkīnd, -ˌkīnd\ : the human race : the totality of human beings

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
What a douche.

I was living in Can-eh-duh when Trudeau was elected, and I was shocked the hosers elected somebody even less qualified than 0bama. I've been back a few times and he is very unpopular in Alberta.

When he's done as PM, I wonder if he'll go back to being a cokehead snowboarder?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23254 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
Definition of mankind(according to Merriam-Webster)

\ˈman-ˈkīnd, -ˌkīnd\ : the human race : the totality of human beings

Definition of peoplekind: a made up word used by self proclaimed feminists to deflect and condescend when asked questions

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's funny how "mankind" is no good for these folks but then they are the same people that need the construct of race, gender-neutral pronouns and such. I guess I'll never understand.

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
POS is gender neutral, isn't it?

Posts: 2541 | Location: KY | Registered: October 20, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
What an asshole!

The moment I read the first post, those are the EXACT words that went through my mind.

He can't be gone fast enough...

What a terble advertisement for Canada this plonker is.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
Well, as they say down South. Bless his heart!

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36840 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
half-genius,
half-wit
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
What a douche.

I was living in Can-eh-duh when Trudeau was elected, and I was shocked the hosers elected somebody even less qualified than 0bama. I've been back a few times and he is very unpopular in Alberta.

When he's done as PM, I wonder if he'll go back to being a cokehead snowboarder?

He is as popular in our part of Ontario as a fart in an elevator.

tac

Posts: 11322 | Location: UK, OR, ONT | Registered: July 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:

POS is good to go! Just think, it wouldn't have made the news if she said "zekind." Wink

Posts: 5691 | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
Relax, guy, it's The Current Year, buddy!

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by senza nome:

Big Grin

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
Did he just engage in mansplaining?!? Somebody needs to correct him stat.

If you don't follow the North Korea News Service parody account on twitter, you really should Big Grin Big Grin

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post