SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Calling PHPaul and all other vintage tractor aficionados - Some cool pics for you...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Calling PHPaul and all other vintage tractor aficionados - Some cool pics for you... Login/Join 
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted
So I pass by the area every few weeks and I keep thinking, I have to post this up for the tractor guys on the forum. So I asked Mrs. Cooker to stop so I could snap some pics. Not sure if these are “cool”, or just run of the mill old junk. If these are cool, I wouldn’t be against trying to contact the owner so I can go inside the fence and get you some pics, and possibly details to go with them.
I think they’re pretty cool. I hope you like them.

Here is the google street view. The image is old, because now the tractors are lined up on both sides of the driveway.

https://www.google.com/maps/pl...-111.890356?hl=en-us

They’re totally out of order because of how postimage uploads them...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
That's a nice collection of late 30's through late 50's tractors! Couple of the John Deeres are somewhat rare.

In pictures #3 and #6 there's a BW (Model B, Wide) which was a fairly low production option.

Picture #11 has a Hi Crop in it, also relatively low production.

#16 has one that looks like a 420 or 430. Hard to say from that angle. They're not particularly unusual, but if its a 435 with the Detroit Diesel in it, they're quite collectible.

Thanks for posting!

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15209 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Awesome Vintage!! Thanks Bean!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Nice, but I'm liking that military truck in the background better.

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8099 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
drop and give me
20 pushups
posted Hide Post
Nice collection . my favorite is the metal wheel copy. ...........................drill sgt.

Posts: 1999 | Location: denham springs , la | Registered: October 19, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great pics! I don't know where this is but I would think leaving these out in the sun and the weather would be real hard on the paint, metal and rubber. A few years of that kind of storage would certainly lower the value of them unless they are mechanically junk now.

Posts: 1499 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gene Hillman:
Great pics! I don't know where this is but I would think leaving these out in the sun and the weather would be real hard on the paint, metal and rubber. A few years of that kind of storage would certainly lower the value of them unless they are mechanically junk now.

These are in central Arizona. A town called Cornville. The sun is brutal. There isn’t much rain, but it’s right on a busy road and there is a lot of dust.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Pretty dang cool. Neat to see all those JD A & B models. Looks like an AC B (can’t figure out the tires, must have just been used on roads) and...I don’t know MMs well at all, but that looks like a great candidate for further restoration.

Posts: 13236 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post