SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Hickory Smoked Angus Eye of Round With Excellent Protection
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hickory Smoked Angus Eye of Round With Excellent Protection Login/Join 
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted
It's been a while and I had a craving for some smoked beef. Tastes amazing!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Looks amazing!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Looks amazing!

It tasted even better Big Grin Thanks!

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
What cut of beef. Brisket??

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Eye round is an excellent cut of beef for smoking! I love it's flavor when cooked slow and easy to medium rare, obtaining the char that you have on yours, and picking up the flavor of the smoke.

I usually marinade mine for several hours first in balsamic and red wine vinegar, oil, lemon juice, soy sauce, and black pepper.

Outstanding!

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
Nicely done sir!

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Whats a good way to cook that type of cut?

Posts: 4625 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
Danke sehr!

I smoked it at 225 degrees and set the probe for an internal temperature of 145 degrees.

I used to do briskets but they are a real pain because you have to deal with the stall and a 10+ hour cook time.

Top/bottom round, eye round, etc. are super easy to smoke and take 4-5 hours usually. Just as flavorful and sometimes more so because the fat content.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
That looks great! Is the Sig Forum cookbook still under construction, anyone know?

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post