SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone participating in the GameStop short squeeze?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone participating in the GameStop short squeeze? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I got into GME tonight (assuming order is filled). Two puts for Oct @$44. $322 worth the fun to watch next few months.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20822 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
I'm holding my last 2 shares of GME and my last 10 of AMC, looking for a little fun.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9692 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
This post is two years old, out today is some news on "transparency" from hedge funds. They have to disclose the short sales to the Justice Department, apparently they will decide how much to short? or if false news created a reason?, banks stocks came to mind when they did that later on and almost caused big problems for a lot of banks.

Quote from link;
Oct 13 (Reuters) - The U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Friday agreed to roll out new rules aimed at boosting transparency of short selling, the controversial practice of betting against stocks that drew new scrutiny amid the GameStop saga.

The rules, first proposed in late 2021 and early 2022, will require investors to report their short positions to the agency, and companies that lend out shares to report that activity to the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA), a self-regulatory body that polices brokers.
End Quote

https://www.reuters.com/market...g-market-2023-10-13/

Posts: 1295 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is wonderful news for retail investors. It took long enough.

HODL

Posts: 848 | Location: FL | Registered: January 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
There is a movie about this whole ordeal on Netflix called “Dumb Money”.

Not sure if there are any documentaries on it too.

Posts: 249 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of iron chef
posted Hide Post
There's a three episode documentary on Netflix titled Eat the Rich: the GameStop Saga.

Posts: 3186 | Location: Texas | Registered: June 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post