SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone participating in the GameStop short squeeze?
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 23
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone participating in the GameStop short squeeze? Login/Join 
I waited 10 years
for this
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
This GME Sea Shanty song is pretty excellent.

"The Tendieman." Haha. I'm assuming that's in reference to eating chicken tenders.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7xTCPnyK4Fs" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

Gains are called "Tendies" in reference to chicken tenders.

Like, the chicken tenders you no longer have to give blowjobs behind a Wendy's for when you make "Tendies."

I found this much more entertaining than I should have, thank you @aeteocles

Posts: 133 | Location: nebraska | Registered: January 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
They have tons of inside jokes, and the inside jokes go viral really quickly. Honestly, half the reason I'm there is for the memes.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
186,000 miles per second.
It's the law.

posted Hide Post
quote:
They have tons of inside jokes, and the inside jokes go viral really quickly. Honestly, half the reason I'm there is for the memes.

The comments on the new Europe Bros thread are hilarious. What a gang.

Posts: 3251 | Registered: August 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
If this is anyone's first time on Reddit, make sure you change the thread sorting order back and forth between "Best Comments" and " New Comments".

Sort by "Best" is good for memes and seeing what's going on; but sorting by "New" will give you actionable intel faster.

Posts: 13047 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
"Controversial" is generally worth look, too, no matter the subreddit.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vlad Tenev and Elizabeth Holmes. Does Stanford just attract these folks?

Guess who else wants a say? Pharma Bro!

“LOL this thing is so nuts,” Shkreli wrote, according to a screenshot of the email shared by Smythe on Twitter Thursday.

“You can let the world know, if you’d like, that I’d be willing to testify to the Congressional committee on the Reddit, GameStop etc. situation,” he added.

Shkreli — who is serving a seven-year sentence for scamming investors in hedge funds he operated — was one of the original subscribers of the “WallStreetBets” Reddit forum that helped fuel the GameStop stock surge.

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spiritually Imperfect
Picture of VictimNoMore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Honestly, half the reason I'm there is for the memes.

“Food stamps or Lambos” stuck with me, today.
If nothing else, I have already received a great amount of entertainment value for my modest investment.

Posts: 3805 | Location: WV | Registered: January 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
Not GameStop. But I didn’t realize my wife bought two stocks that were part of the list. She bought Macy’s in December and she bought Fuel Cell on Jan 8. She didn’t pick it up from Reddit either nor did she know about this list. I sold them both this morning for about 35% gain in both.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19645 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
So if I'm hearing this right, an app bearing the name Robinhood is not letting the poor take from the right now.

And the government let small businesses die but can't let hedge funds fail...

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39744 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I'm looking forward to the movie. Hopefully someone like The Daily Wire gets the rights.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30401 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Wins
Picture of Micropterus
posted Hide Post
I don't pretend to understand all this. But in the short amount of time I've been reading about it, isn't this sort of what what happened (except just the opposite) in the movie "Trading Places" with Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy? The rich Brothers attempted to corner the orange juice market based on false inside information, but Ackroyd and Murphy beat them by short selling based on correct information and bankrupted the Brothers?

They could make a movie out of all this.

Posts: 4285 | Location: In The Swamp | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
I'm gonna need more popcorn. Big Grin

Posts: 9035 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post

eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
Up to $413 a share this morning. 100% gain from overnight.

I'm up about 337% over 21 trades since starting this thread.

I'm playing with house money now (meaning, further risking only profit, not my original wallet, i.e. free money).

Not financial advice, but I think I'm going to hold a few shares until the end.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Aeteocles,

posted Hide Post
Boiler room about pump and dump schemes is a quite entertaining film. More accurate than Trading Places which is a straight up comedy.

A Tag line from the film reads:
There's no such thing as making too much money or taking too many risks

Posts: 17222 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 229DAK:
I'm gonna need more popcorn. Big Grin

Big Grin Big Grin

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8865 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love how the narrative is that the reddit users are the "bad guy" doing a "pump and dump". No mention of the hedge funds trying to bankrupt GME with their 140% short position and widespread advertisement of such.

I'm no stock expert, but who would the "pump n dump" hurt? Not GME right? When the dust settles they'll be better off than had the short worked. A very late GME buyer? Ok, well no sympathy for a trader jumping into these waters at this point!

What about everyone holding GME (along with all the employees) had the short worked?

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
CNBC has publicly outed/Doxxed the Reddit user known as DeepFuckingValue.

Check it out...

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
CNBC has publicly outed/Doxxed the Reddit user known as DeepFuckingValue.

Check it out...

Guess who the acting Director of the Division of Enforcement for the SEC is?

Remember Peter Strzok?

Remember he was cheating on his wife while perpetrating his corrupt scheme?

Yeah, that wife he was cheating on - Melissa Hodgman - is the Acting Director of the Division of Enforcement for the SEC.

The SEC is reportedly investigating Redditor's for 'market manipulation' Roll Eyes

https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...ion-enforcement-sec/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
I feel like I've seen this film.

Sport fucks over Gordon Gecko, tail wags dog, the Mermaid girl gets nekkid, you know...?