SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Lead removing cloth
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lead removing cloth Login/Join 
Picture of 4859
posted
So for some odd reason up until today I never bought one of these. I have a number of stainless steel guns and it works great. What is impregnated in the cloth? Is it like a rubbing compound?

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I do not know what it has in it, but I can tell you the yellow ones I bought will remove bluing. Frown

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36838 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
That I knew. I will only be using it on my SS guns.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P-220:
the yellow ones I bought will remove bluing.

Yes, that was clearly warned on the stuff I bought years ago.

6.4/93.6

“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato

Posts: 47397 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Steve in PA
posted Hide Post
I never bothered to,look into what it is they use, but I’ve been using the cloth on my stainless steel guns for years. Works like a charm!

Steve
"The Marines I have seen around the world have, the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945

Posts: 3437 | Location: Northeast PA | Registered: June 05, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Cut into smaller pieces, they work great to remove the burn rings from the front of stainless revolver cylinders.

Posts: 27927 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cut them into small squares and they will take lead out of the bore. Gotta cut them smaller than cleaning patches, though, cause the are thickish.

Posts: 17139 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
They remove nickel too

Posts: 26893 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My guess is, they are similar to "Never Dull".

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
They remove nickel too

The one made by Birchwood-Casey states on the package that it is designed to polish stainless and nickel finishes. I have used them on my nickel finished handguns with no problem, so far.

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post