SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is something new, suspect run over and killed by bulldozer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is something new, suspect run over and killed by bulldozer Login/Join 
No ethanol!
posted
squished - fixed

Video at link, near Reading PA. 2nd suspect was charged following day.

"PENN TWP., Pa. - The discovery of a marijuana grow operation on state game lands in Berks County triggered a manhunt that resulted in one person surrendering to police and another being fatally struck by a bulldozer being used to search for him.

It all began around 10:30 a.m. Monday, when a Pennsylvania Game Commission maintenance worker who was operating the bulldozer found the grow operation in Penn Township, near Bernville.

The worker called police; Bernville Borough police responded and came across two men, one of whom was taken into custody by the Bernville police chief.

"One person gave up," said Pennsylvania State Police Trooper David Beohm, a public information officer for Reading-based Troop L. "Another person took off into the very heavily wooded -- the underbrush, very thick -- ran into that location."

A state police helicopter hovered overhead, providing guidance to police on the ground.

"They saw the guy that ran, and they had eyes on him as he was running through this thick, thick underbrush," Beohm said of the troopers in the chopper. "The game commission worker was using his bulldozer to basically blaze a trail, because there is no way that you could walk through that stuff up there."

At some point between 1 and 1:30 p.m., a PSP vice officer who was riding on the bulldozer told the operator to stop.

"They look behind the bulldozer and they saw the male that they were looking for was laying on the ground behind the bulldozer, as they had already gone over that area," Beohm said.

With the incident happening in an area reachable only by all-terrain vehicles, a medical helicopter was put on standby to respond, but the man died at the scene a short time later.

"It's so thick up there, there's no way, there's no way you could see somebody laying there," Beohm said.

Police have not released the names of the men involved. The grow operation consisted of fewer than a dozen marijuana plants, police said."

This message has been edited. Last edited by: preten2b,

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2003 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Thinnest pothead ever!

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23201 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just Hanging Around
posted Hide Post
If you gotta go searching for suspects, a bulldozer is the way to do it.

Posts: 3228 | Location: NE Kansas | Registered: February 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Good grief. The 'grow operation' consisted of fewer than 12 plants.

Posts: 1966 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Good grief. The 'grow operation' consisted of fewer than 12 plants.

Totally worth crushing a grower to death with a bulldozer. Totally. Roll Eyes

Posts: 17102 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
"another person took off into the very heavily wooded -- the underbrush, very thick -- ran into that location."

"They saw the guy that ran, and they had eyes on him as he was running through this thick, thick underbrush," Beohm said of the troopers in the chopper. "The game commission worker was using his bulldozer to basically blaze a trail, because there is no way that you could walk through that stuff up there."

So the suspect ran where there was no way you could walk? Seems sort of odd. Confused

Posts: 26892 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not easy being me
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
"another person took off into the very heavily wooded -- the underbrush, very thick -- ran into that location."

First thing I thought of when reading the story was Br'er Rabbit and the tar baby. Sadly, I'm sure Br'er Rabbit is considered extremely rascist these days...

"When Br'er Fox reveals himself, the helpless but cunning Br'er Rabbit pleads, "please, Br'er Fox, don't fling me in dat brier-patch," prompting Fox to do exactly that. As rabbits are at home in thickets, the resourceful Br'er Rabbit uses the thorns and briers to escape."

Posts: 2769 | Location: Middle TN | Registered: March 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:

So the suspect ran where there was no way you could walk? Seems sort of odd. Confused

This is the real reason The Man wants to keep the marijuana banned, it actually allows one to dematerialize and pass through solid objects.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Rumor has it it went down like this.

Posts: 7348 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
there is no dignity in dying that way, no dignity at all

Posts: 206 | Registered: January 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Short. Fat. Bald.
Costanzaesque.

Picture of TexasScrub
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1982 | Location: Victoria, TX | Registered: February 11, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So they launched a major operation and manhunt because someone, amidst all that brush and vegetation, found 12 plants?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fortified with Sleestak
Picture of thunderson
posted Hide Post
quote:
Police have not released the names of the men involved.

Perhaps the dead one is named Stanley?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flat_Stanley

I have the heart of a lion.......and a lifetime ban from the Toronto Zoo.- Unknown

Posts: 5371 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: November 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
So they launched a major operation and manhunt because someone, amidst all that brush and vegetation, found 12 plants?

Totally worth it. Totally. Could be upwards of hundreds of dollars of weed off the streets. Society is better for it.

Posts: 17102 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:

Totally worth it. Totally. Could be upwards of hundreds of dollars of weed off the streets. Society is better for it.

15 or 20 people might have had a good time, could have been a run on Twinkies and nachos at the local Stop 'n' Rob, and then what?! Huh!? Would it have been worth it then!? Won't somebody please think of the Funyuns!?

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They don't care about the pot, it's the tax evasion that is the crime. Fail to pay the appropriate taxes and they KILL YOU.

Posts: 1795 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
I hope those cops can admit to themselves how stupid this whole thing was...

12 plants and a dead guy.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
As a disclaimer, I have no sympathy for drug users/dealers. Including pot. I see it as something to be disdained, and a pure intoxicant, devoid of any of the artistic value, present in good whiskies, wines, and beer.

(I actually do think it should be legalized - just socially stigmatized.)

They were engaged in a criminal operation, on someone else's land. There have been rather violent episodes with people running grow operations on public lands.

Their use interfered with the legal use, voted and paid for, by the populace.

Law and Order are vital to society, a couple pot heads are not. (I know this will be unpopular, and I know re-establishing it gets ugly, but it won't be as ugly as what it took to establish it from barbarism.)

Posts: 5724 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I see it as something to be disdained, and a pure intoxicant, devoid of any artistic value, present in good whiskies, wines, and beer.

Study up on the topic and you'll see that you're wrong.

There's some pretty sweet hybrid strains out there that you should check out.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
As a disclaimer, I have no sympathy for drug users/dealers. Including pot. I see it as something to be disdained, and a pure intoxicant, devoid of any of the artistic value, present in good whiskies, wines, and beer.

You mean like the shoulder thing that goes up?

You’re right. They were criminals involved in a criminal enterprise. Totally worth running a guy over with a bulldozer.

I wonder if the landowner can sue the estate of the smooshed grower to pay for the damages to his land from the bulldozer. Seems just.