SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    This is something new, suspect run over and killed by bulldozer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

This is something new, suspect run over and killed by bulldozer Login/Join 
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
That Rachael Corrie school of success.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34108 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
I wonder if the landowner can sue the estate of the smooshed grower to pay for the damages to his land from the bulldozer. Seems just.
Somebody didn't read the story very well as the landowner was identified in the very first sentence in the article...
quote:
"PENN TWP., Pa. - The discovery of a marijuana grow operation on state game lands in Berks County triggered a manhunt that resulted in one person surrendering to police and another being fatally struck by a bulldozer being used to search for him.wer than a dozen marijuana plants, police said."

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23223 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So the state should sue the smooshed guy’s estate for damages. Good catch.

Posts: 17114 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
Pity they didn’t use a backhoe instead and just bury the SOB on the spot.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4573 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
Good grief. The 'grow operation' consisted of fewer than 12 plants.

Totally worth crushing a grower to death with a bulldozer. Totally. Roll Eyes

Growers kill people in NorCal, when individuals wander into or near an illegal grow operation. Often the onside growers are Mexican mafia employee types, and the standard rifle is a bolt action in 7mm Rem Mag.

A friend works installing utility transmission lines. Someone from his company went missing when on the job. They found him with a bullet in his back. Growers will kill to protect themselves from arrest, and to protect their crops.

I would caution to give growers no slack, as to them dead men tell no tales.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Ok...that's funny....bulldozers go what.... 5mph?

How stupid...or stoned do you have to be to be run over by a big yellow slow thing.....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
He could have allowed himself to be arrested in a docile and compliant demeanour.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rumors are that he may have had a heart attack and was laying there dead already. Nothing official though.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
In the way-back, I helped clean up a few comparatively small grow operations on public lands.

Fertilizers and pesticides that were completely toxic to the surrounding flora/fauna, trash strewn, traps that were hazardous to legitimate/legal users, human waste everywhere (infiltrating the water sources) and as c1steve points out, bad dudes that we had to catch before we could do the cleanup. Huge impact and damage to the resources, significant danger to the preserve's legit users.

This isn't about the merits, real or perceived, of weed.

Posts: 2459 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
Rumors are that he may have had a heart attack and was laying there dead already. Nothing official though.

Well, one does not simply sneak up on someone on a bulldozer clearing brush, does one? I had been wondering why the deceased simply didn't get out of the way when he heard the dozer crawling his way. This would explain it.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4876 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly the military used bulldozers in Iraq to plow through berms and bury the enemy in trenches. I could be wrong, but believe I read this somewhere. Bulldozers can be pretty effective in certain situations, not requiring a clean surgical approach. LOL

Posts: 17226 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SPWAMike0317
posted Hide Post
I am flat out surprised the the PSP didn't squash this story.

Let me help you out. Which way did you come in?

Posts: 717 | Location: North of Pittsburgh, PA | Registered: January 29, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post