SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford has begun taking orders for its 2019 Ford Ranger
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford has begun taking orders for its 2019 Ford Ranger Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Orguss:
Too. Many. Old Glory. Avatars!! Razz

Agreed. Also, I want truck.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GGF
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I'll pass on the start-stop bullshit.[/QUOTE

And you should- I should have too.
Its truly the biggest PIA I've ever had with a truck.

And I won't buy one next time .

Posts: 698 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
Looks like a Toyota.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2000Z-71:
I think Ford is a little optimistic on their pricing. Playing on around with the build and price on their website, a 4x4 crew cab Lariat with the FX4 package was in excess of $43K. That's similar pricing to the Chevy Colorado ZR2 and Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Both of those trucks have specialized mechanicals for off-road use the Ranger doesn't.

I am a little confused why you say the FX4 Ranger is not an off-road specialized package? It includes all of the following upgrades:
All Terrain Tires
Specially tuned off road shocks
Steel brush guard and skid plates
Upgraded front and rear Dana Axles
Electronic locking rear differential
An electronic terrain management system
Trail Control System

Sounds pretty off road specialized to me.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Man, put an ecoboost V8 in that thing and you would have a hell of a truck.

There's no such product as an EcoBoost V8.

And that's why there won't be one in my driveway.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Want to be entertained (kinda). Go to Ford's configurator and put together a Lariat model Ranger four door. Then try and add the "Chrome Package" to it (which should be standard on the truck like it is on the Lariat F-150). To add the chrome package you must add the upgraded electronics package taking the price up over $2k. That a boy Ford! Keep twisting the knife and see what I replace my current F-150 with. Mad Here's a hint, it won't have a blue oval on it anywhere.

Sounds like you wont' be buying anything, every company has made deals like this on option packages, you want one thing, you'll get another with it. Just the way it's done, you can't do a COPO anymore, those days are gone...

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
Want to be entertained (kinda). Go to Ford's configurator and put together a Lariat model Ranger four door. Then try and add the "Chrome Package" to it (which should be standard on the truck like it is on the Lariat F-150). To add the chrome package you must add the upgraded electronics package taking the price up over $2k. That a boy Ford! Keep twisting the knife and see what I replace my current F-150 with. Mad Here's a hint, it won't have a blue oval on it anywhere.

Sounds like you wont' be buying anything, every company has made deals like this on option packages, you want one thing, you'll get another with it. Just the way it's done, you can't do a COPO anymore, those days are gone...
Very true, but there usually is some relationship between the packages. But how in the hell do you tie a $1,500 interior electronics package to a chrome bumper package? Makes zero sense to me. And as I noted previously, the F-150 Lariat edition includes the chrome package as a standard of the package which IMHO is the way it should be for the premium package.

In the end, I think these online prices are going to change by the time this thing reaches dealer lots. And you can bet if people don't embrace the new Ranger in the sales volumes Ford is projecting, Ford will most certainly adjust the price via rebates and incentives.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
I think the Tacoma and Frontier have already covered that and better.
Keep trying Ford!

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
To all of you who are serving or have served our country, Thank You
Picture of Jelly
posted Hide Post
Anyone one else remember The Ford Courier selling new for $2222 around 1971 1972. Wink

Posts: 2679 | Registered: March 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:
I think Ford is a little optimistic on their pricing. Playing on around with the build and price on their website, a 4x4 crew cab Lariat with the FX4 package was in excess of $43K. That's similar pricing to the Chevy Colorado ZR2 and Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Both of those trucks have specialized mechanicals for off-road use the Ranger doesn't.

I am a little confused why you say the FX4 Ranger is not an off-road specialized package? It includes all of the following upgrades:
All Terrain Tires
Trail Control System

It's not a bad package but the ZR2 and TRD Pro are truly specialized trucks...more similar to the Rubicon. Look up the specs on the suspensions.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

All Terrain Tires
Trail Control System

Not trying to bust you chops an argue, but where are you seeing this information listed? Looking at Ford's site, the FX-4 does include things like the electronic rear locking diff and skid plates but I'm not seeing everything on your list. I'd be very surprised by the upgraded Dana axles, Ford typically uses their own. As far as the off road tuned shocks, they're probably similar to what they do on the F-150 with the FX-4 package. They claim to be specialized but they're really just the same crappy OEM shocks, nothing like Bilstein, Fox or the spools that GM uses.

Yes, the FX-4 package does add to the base vehicle's off road abilities, but it's not nearly as comprehensive as the TRD Pro and ZR-2 packages. Both of those offer significantly upgraded suspension over base equipment. With the TRD you're getting a leveled front end and Fox off road shocks. With the ZR-2 you're getting a locking front diff, lifted suspension, wider track and specially tuned spool shock absorbers.

So yes, the FX-4 package does add off road capabilities to the Ranger, but it does not go nearly as far as Toyota and Chevy do with their trucks. It's comparable to Chevy's Z-71 and Toyota's TRD Off-Road packages for. I'm not saying that it isn't a capable truck, but for similar money Chevy and Toyota offer a lot more capability.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

All Terrain Tires
Trail Control System

Not trying to bust you chops an argue, but where are you seeing this information listed? Looking at Ford's site, the FX-4 does include things like the electronic rear locking diff and skid plates but I'm not seeing everything on your list. I'd be very surprised by the upgraded Dana axles, Ford typically uses their own. As far as the off road tuned shocks, they're probably similar to what they do on the F-150 with the FX-4 package. They claim to be specialized but they're really just the same crappy OEM shocks, nothing like Bilstein, Fox or the spools that GM uses.

Yes, the FX-4 package does add to the base vehicle's off road abilities, but it's not nearly as comprehensive as the TRD Pro and ZR-2 packages. Both of those offer significantly upgraded suspension over base equipment. With the TRD you're getting a leveled front end and Fox off road shocks. With the ZR-2 you're getting a locking front diff, lifted suspension, wider track and specially tuned spool shock absorbers.

So yes, the FX-4 package does add off road capabilities to the Ranger, but it does not go nearly as far as Toyota and Chevy do with their trucks. It's comparable to Chevy's Z-71 and Toyota's TRD Off-Road packages for. I'm not saying that it isn't a capable truck, but for similar money Chevy and Toyota offer a lot more capability.

I may have misread your post but it read to me that the FX4 had no off-road capabilities. Which they are not top of the line but the FX4 is supposed to be on the lines of the Z71 or the standard TRD package so you are comparing the wrong models.

The Raptor is going to be their flagship off-road model so that is where the comparisons will come to play.

Most of it is listed on the Ford site under the FX4 overview you just have to scroll through it.

https://www.ford.com/trucks/ranger/2019/

The rest is detailed in the Ford Flyer found here.

http://blogmedia.dealerfire.co...of-the-model_o-1.jpg

http://www.akinsford.com/blog/...ad-package-features/

Pretty sure that the FX4 in the F150s are Ranchos (yes I know that is not saying much)

But since he Raptor uses Fox shocks they certainly aren’t going to put those on a lower model.

The thing you also have to remember when looking at Ford you should never pay anything close to sticker price. Toyota on the other hand is a different ball game they don’t walk much from MSRP.
So comparing sticker price is not a true comparison.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
Hmmm, Coyote swap with a Whipple?

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:
Already done by those damn Aussie's. Smile If you can find a way to get one, sign me up.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommydogg:

Now we're talking!

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Man, put an ecoboost V8 in that thing and you would have a hell of a truck.

There's no such product as an EcoBoost V8.

And that's why there won't be one in my driveway.

My Ford pickup truck has a turbocharged V8.

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Which you paid for aftermarket or is a diesel of some sort. EcoBoost is a 3-, 4-, or 6-cylinder application.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post