SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford has begun taking orders for its 2019 Ford Ranger
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford has begun taking orders for its 2019 Ford Ranger Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:

well my 2.3 ecoboost is 360hp, and 400lbft of torque at the wheels. sooo, it beats my v6 eco boost.

I agree, though, it needs the f150 v6 eco as a premium engine.

Your 2.3L is stock? I have the 2.3L in my RS and it’s rated higher than the Rustang, 350/350, but that is stock. 2.3L 4 banger is great for my RS, and I’ll mod it eventually, but this is a truck, so much more weight and you might wanna tow some stuff.

No, the RS is no longer stock. My wife wanted more pep. So i went with Tune +.

I have a f150 with max and heavy duty tow. So, i am covered with that for towing. Gas milage would be my primary concern. something better than 16 mpg.

I get above 20 in my Expedition so I don’t think 16 will be a problem in the little truck with a 10 speed.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25421 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:

Or are they?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/n...onco-will-look-like/

Hot Diggity!

Posts: 8623 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
...paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission and start-stop technology. Automatic emergency braking will also be standard.

And you can count me out.

Jesus, get all that garbage out of there and offer me a manual for chrissakes.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Irksome Whirling Dervish
Picture of Flashlightboy
posted Hide Post
$39k for a fully loaded one?

For a tweener sized truck that lets all your shit get wet in the back? Uh, no.

Posts: 4077 | Location: "You can't just go to Walmart with a gift card and get a new brother." Janice Serrano | Registered: May 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Perception:
Man, put an ecoboost V8 in that thing and you would have a hell of a truck.

There's no such product as an EcoBoost V8. And I'm sure the standard 2.3L EcoBoost will be the engine installed, and not the Mustang- or RS-tuned versions. I'm disappointed that the Raptor has a diesel, though. It would be awesome to see them throw the RS-tuned EcoBoost into that model.

I used to own a Ranger SuperCab but it was cramped. I wonder what the leg room will be like in this new version, especially between the SuperCab and the SuperCrew.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
If Ford would reintroduce the Bronco based on the F150 or Ranger Raptor platform...

After five or so years of Ford showing the 'Bronco' prototype (kinda a cross between a '66 Bronco and a Ford Flex) they released a preproduction spy shot of the bubble truck that they would likely build. Frown

Reminds me of when they were releasing the 'updated' DeTomaso Pantera and later it became the Qvale Mangusta. Same car, just that interest dropped sharply just because of the badge.

Posts: 9152 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Meh.

As a Jeep / Ram guy I can say definitively that I would get a Chevy Colorado ZR2 vs the Ford Ranger product every day of the week.

Two decent engine choices
Locking front axle
Actual off-road credentials.

JMHO

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:

No, the RS is no longer stock. My wife wanted more pep. So i went with Tune +.

I have a f150 with max and heavy duty tow. So, i am covered with that for towing. Gas milage would be my primary concern. something better than 16 mpg.

With all the additional weight to heave forward, our 2.3L EB is not enough. The 4 cylinder turbo diesel would be, but they’ll save that for the Raptor, and I don’t think that is enough for a Raptor given the price it will come with. Either way, I doubt the mileage will be anything noteworthy. Even Honda puts a V6 in their compact Ridgeline. The GMC Canyon/Colorado twins, a 3.6L V6 or optional 2.8L turbo diesel.

Ranger buyers might want to tow something. I’ll be buying one of the compact trucks when my RS is paid for. The Ranger is definitely off the list now as the Raptor will be too much $ and I will use it to tow on occasion.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12633 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Loves His Wife
Picture of BRL
posted Hide Post
I wonder where these will be built? It’s a shame they shut down the previous Ranger plant in St. Paul putting all of those people on the street.

I am not BIPOLAR. I don't even like bears.

Posts: 12933 | Location: Western WI | Registered: January 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mikeyspizza
posted Hide Post
I'll pass on the start-stop bullshit.

Posts: 4010 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: August 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
They need a diesel like the Chevrolet Colorado ZR2 that has a Duramax engine.

Posts: 12465 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mikeyspizza:
I'll pass on the start-stop bullshit.

That shit is annoying. It's a "feature" on our Highlander but we manually turn it off. Sometimes I forget to push the button to do so and I'll sit there at a stoplight and everything gets quiet.

Really annoying and I wonder if it really even saves gas. Couple that with the fact that what little gas I could save would probably be overshadowed by the additional wear by constantly starting-stopping the engine.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
2019 Ranger Raptor!, oh yeah....
A Crushin de Taco truck Razz
Ah the Ranger Raptor. The truck the geniuses at Ford saw fit to give to the world while denying it to us. Brilliant!

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
$45k is a chunk of change to lay out; I’ll just wait and pick up a nice Taco when everyone that has to have the Ranger starts dumping them.
I don't care what the advertised pricing says, that truck won't sell for that amount. If they price it there, there would be little reason to consider it over a regular half ton F-150. Then again, Ford hasn't been too bright thus far with this truck, so I guess anything is possible.

Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lkdr1989:
Pricing seems competitive!

It does.
They really soak you to get 4wd though, over $4K extra. GM does the same thing with Canyon pricing.

Nice to have more options in the mid-size category, may look into one when my Ridgeline wears out. Smile

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7098 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Want to be entertained (kinda). Go to Ford's configurator and put together a Lariat model Ranger four door. Then try and add the "Chrome Package" to it (which should be standard on the truck like it is on the Lariat F-150). To add the chrome package you must add the upgraded electronics package taking the price up over $2k. That a boy Ford! Keep twisting the knife and see what I replace my current F-150 with. Mad Here's a hint, it won't have a blue oval on it anywhere.

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Too. Many. Old Glory. Avatars!! Razz

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
For me, needs a bigger motor and more pistons.

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Hell, I think this is great. I have been looking at the Colorado/Canyon for some time now and a little more competition is always a good thing. I have an 05 F150 Lariat now and I like that truck but getting 15 miles to a gallon gets old real quick, especially when you are retired.

A friend has the Canyon with the V6 and he gets between 22 and 24 mpg. That is a pretty good savings. The small bed doesn't bother me as I have a couple of trailers around here and my friend hauls his big bass boat around with no problem so I could haul my tractor if I needed to.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
I think Ford is a little optimistic on their pricing. Playing on around with the build and price on their website, a 4x4 crew cab Lariat with the FX4 package was in excess of $43K. That's similar pricing to the Chevy Colorado ZR2 and Toyota Tacoma TRD Pro. Both of those trucks have specialized mechanicals for off-road use the Ranger doesn't.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post