SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ford has begun taking orders for its 2019 Ford Ranger
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ford has begun taking orders for its 2019 Ford Ranger Login/Join 
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted
https://www.automotive-fleet.c...news&omid=1005994685

See link for pricing.

Ford has begun taking orders for its 2019 Ford Ranger that's returning to the North American market after an eight-year hiatus with a retail price that starts at $25,395.
The 2019 Ranger will be available in three trims, including the XL base, XLT, and Lariat. All models will be powered by a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine that's paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission and start-stop technology. Automatic emergency braking will also be standard.
The Ranger will be available in a Crew Cab with a 5-foot short bed and a SuperCab with a smaller back seat and a 6-foot bed. The 2019 Ranger will go on sale at dealer lots early next year.
The 2019 Ranger's pricing would put it in the upper range of competitive midsize pickups.

Here's the full pricing, which includes a $1,095 delivery fee:

Link Fixed - Sorry

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
2019 Ranger Raptor!, oh yeah....
A Crushin de Taco truck Razz

https://www.caranddriver.com/n...cially-unveiled-news

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
I'll kick their ass up and down the block with that starting price. Your link is no good

Posts: 5317 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 23393 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
Man, put an ecoboost V8 in that thing and you would have a hell of a truck.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3514 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lkdr1989
posted Hide Post
Pricing seems competitive!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV

Posts: 4335 | Location: Valley, Oregon | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ontmark:
paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission and start-stop technology. Automatic emergency braking will also be standard.

Lost me already. Give me a damn manual or at least a 6 speed automatic. These new transmissions irk the piss out of me with their constant gear hunting. That start/stop nonsense needs to go too.

Ford continues to disappoint!

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Meh, manual transmissions are ok, but for me Its no longer a deal killer, the electronic automatics shift quicker, can be programmed to hill climb/descend, tow etc... Since I don't work on a farm anymore or hill climb it's not a deal killer

Heres the article

https://www.washingtontimes.co...-returns-to-us-in-2/

Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:

Very nice. If Ford would reintroduce the Bronco based on the F150 or Ranger Raptor platform, I would be all over it. Not sure why they keep missing on this.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
It looks like a nice truck, but I'll pass until they've been out for about 3 years. From what I understand even the newest model Tacoma has had a number of problems, one of which being the new transmission.

I just don't trust anything new anymore until it has been proven.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 888 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
$45k is a chunk of change to lay out; I’ll just wait and pick up a nice Taco when everyone that has to have the Ranger starts dumping them.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TigerDore:
quote:

Very nice. If Ford would reintroduce the Bronco based on the F150 or Ranger Raptor platform, I would be all over it. Not sure why they keep missing on this.

Or are they?

https://www.roadandtrack.com/n...onco-will-look-like/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15561 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
I'll kick their ass up and down the block with that starting price. Your link is no good

Link fixed!
It show price for all the models.
Sorry for wrong Link.

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck

Posts: 3878 | Location: Vallejo, CA | Registered: August 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yokel
Picture of ontmark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD2jRC6zxyg

we are getting ready to retire in a year or two.
Looking at Northern Arizona. I wonder if the wife will let me get one?? Probably $50k.

Looks like just what I need to chase lizards. Big Grin

Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
All models will be powered by a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine that's paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission and start-stop technology.

You can’t even offer a V6? Lame.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Prefontaine:
quote:
All models will be powered by a 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine that's paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission and start-stop technology.

well my 2.3 ecoboost is 360hp, and 400lbft of torque at the wheels. sooo, it beats my v6 eco boost.

I agree, though, it needs the f150 v6 eco as a premium engine.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
ERMAGHERD!! FERD RINER RERPTER!!

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Prefontaine
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

well my 2.3 ecoboost is 360hp, and 400lbft of torque at the wheels. sooo, it beats my v6 eco boost.

Your 2.3L is stock? I have the 2.3L in my RS and it’s rated higher than the Rustang, 350/350, but that is stock. 2.3L 4 banger is great for my RS, and I’ll mod it eventually, but this is a truck, so much more weight and you might wanna tow some stuff.

What am I doing? I'm talking to an empty telephone

Posts: 12622 | Location: Down South | Registered: January 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dies Irae
Picture of Opus Dei
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

This platform is kinda old, and from what I understand was never designed around a V-block. In ROW, it was (I think) just I-4 gas/diesel and the 3.2L TD I-5. There's a new model in the works to accommodate different engines.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Fort Heathen, Texas | Registered: February 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:

Your 2.3L is stock? I have the 2.3L in my RS and it’s rated higher than the Rustang, 350/350, but that is stock. 2.3L 4 banger is great for my RS, and I’ll mod it eventually, but this is a truck, so much more weight and you might wanna tow some stuff.

No, the RS is no longer stock. My wife wanted more pep. So i went with Tune +.

I have a f150 with max and heavy duty tow. So, i am covered with that for towing. Gas milage would be my primary concern. something better than 16 mpg.

Posts: 6633 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post